Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tiguan sportline 162 tsi tyre options

Users Country Flag

2018 Tiguan sportline 162 tsi tyre options

Howdy folks, 34,000km in and i reckon i'm a few thousand more km off needing new tyres. Having just tuned the car, the rubber is melting away too.

Understand the stock tyre is a 235/45R20, has anyone fit a wider tyre on? I was thinking of moving to a 245/45R20 if it would fit.

Otherwise the Conti Pilot sport 4 or 4s look good, and the PZero are another option.

Thanks for any comments.
    Last edited by Janus77; 20-04-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag
    I would recommend staying away from the Pirelli P-Zero's. I had them as factory fitment on my Audi SQ5 as well as another car I owned a few years ago and they wear out very quickly (especially on the outer edges). They are also known for sidewall cracking/delaminating (my brother has now replaced 3x P-Zero's on his Octavia vRS due to this....i keep telling him to get a different tyre but he persists with the P-Zero's).

I now have Kumho Crugen HP91 255/40/R21 on my SQ5 and they are great. A nice looking tyre with good tread pattern and tread depth and have done about 15,000km on them now and looking at them I wouldnt even be a 1/3rd worn yet. They hold 250kw and 750nm just fine so im sure they will take whatever the Tiguan can give them.

If you want something sportier then cant go wrong with Falken Azenis FK510, Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 for mid range tyres that rate & perform well, or if you have money to burn then the Michelin PS4's, Goodyear Eagle F1 or Continental's. There is a new Bridgestone tyre (dont think its available in Australia just yet) that just got rave review on the TireReviews UK Youtube channel and beat the Michelin and Conti duo.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 20-04-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks, yep a mate has recommended me to get the PS4, or the PS4s if i can.

Ok i'll drop the Pzero off the list then.

Keen to know if anyone's fitted a wider tyre to the sportline rims?
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus77 View Post
    thanks, yep a mate has recommended me to get the PS4, or the PS4s if i can.

Ok i'll drop the Pzero off the list then.

Keen to know if anyone's fitted a wider tyre to the sportline rims?
    You cant go wrong with the PS4 or PS4's - but they are very expensive so this may change your mind.

You will be perfectly ok to go 1cm wider to a 245 tyre if that's what you want to do. Quite often going 1cm wider or narrower makes for a cheaper tyre (and sometimes more options) as its a more common size. Very unlikely you will gain any noticeable grip from 1cm wider tyres but you might notice the tyre looks a bit fuller on the rim.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Jax tyres have a cashback on the Michelins at the moment: https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/mi...mi2354520ps4sy

These are the Falken's I mentioned above. Had these on my Lexus IS-F and they are a really good tyre. Rate really well on TyreReviews UK tests he does also: FK510 245/40ZR20 99Y | 245/40R20 Tyres for sale
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Awesome, thanks for the info

Yep if i chose a 45R the tyres are over $100 more expensive than the 40. I guess 40 would work, my speedo shows about 8km/hr lower at 100km/hr than my GPS. So going to a lower ratio would maybe bring this back slightly closer to actual.
    Last edited by Janus77; 20-04-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus77 View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the info
    , my speedo shows about 8km/hr lower at 100km/hr than my GPS. So going to a lower ratio would maybe bring this back slightly closer to actual.
    ??????? Your speedo SHOULD show a higher speed than actual BY LAW and to get it more correct you need larger diameter tyres
    However it can be done with an OBDEleven as I have done mine from 4k over at 110 to dead correct
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

ah you're right sorry my speedo is showing about 8km/hr higher than actual.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag
    Can be altered with OBDEleven by going to Module 17 Dashboard/Wheel circumference and altering up in number till it comes true Mine was 4 over so I altered it from 1 to 3 and its now dead on at 100kph
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Can be altered with OBDEleven by going to Module 17 Dashboard/Wheel circumference and altering up in number till it comes true Mine was 4 over so I altered it from 1 to 3 and its now dead on at 100kph
    Interesting... thanks for the heads up!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast