Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Brake Pads

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I fitted these pads purely for the low dust aspect.
    I haven't driven the car much yet and have not at this stage noticed any drop in performance.
    If there is a reduction in performance I can live with that, 340 mm discs on a car of this weight, more than ample.
    I've opted not to change the discs, they're done very little mileage.
    I generally keep a pretty close watch on all my vehicles.
    I should think that if there is an issue with this it should show up in the next few weeks.
    I'll let you know.
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    So $245 for new pads.
    How much are new rotors?
    If you're interested, find me the DBA part number (I have a trade account)
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Update

I've done about 400km on the ceramic pads now.
    The feel is the same as the originals.
    The dust is greatly reduced, at a guess about 90%.
    The photos don't show up much, but there is just a very light dust coating on the front wheels. Clean up was also much easier, hit the wheels with a hose, the nozzle set to the highest pressure and finish with a wipe dry using a chamois, that's it, no brush used, no residue on the chamois.
    Extremely happy with the pads.

Ceramic Brake Pads-img_3257-jpg Ceramic Brake Pads-img_3258-jpgCeramic Brake Pads-img_3256-jpg

I'm seriously considering changing out the rears, even though thy don't dust up as much as the fronts.
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GRD View Post
    I fitted these pads purely for the low dust aspect.
    I haven't driven the car much yet and have not at this stage noticed any drop in performance.
    If there is a reduction in performance I can live with that, 340 mm discs on a car of this weight, more than ample.
    I've opted not to change the discs, they're done very little mileage.
    I generally keep a pretty close watch on all my vehicles.
    I should think that if there is an issue with this it should show up in the next few weeks.
    I'll let you know.
    Thanks for the info. What do you deem low milage? I'm at 11,000K and the dust is driving me nuts.
    I don't wanna shell out for new rotors, but the price of front pads vs my OCD cleaning fetish is palatable.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Thanks for the info. What do you deem low milage? I'm at 11,000K and the dust is driving me nuts.
    I don't wanna shell out for new rotors, but the price of front pads vs my OCD cleaning fetish is palatable.
    You shouldn’t have to. Just clean the working surface of the disc with 120grit sand paper and you can fit the ATE Ceramics. I’ve done exactly that on our Tiguan at 12,000km and no noises, for the past 9 years.

I had done 10,000 km, new car. Just changed over the pads, no problems. Fronts are super easy to do yourself.
    I've just had the rears changed out. Got some one to do that due to the electric park brake.
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Quote Originally Posted by GRD View Post
    I had done 10,000 km, new car. Just changed over the pads, no problems. Fronts are super easy to do yourself.
    I've just had the rears changed out. Got some one to do that due to the electric park brake.
    If you have OBD11 you can run the replace brake liner routine in:
    Brakes1, Basic Settings, Lining Change.

I replaced Front and Backs today which is quite simple with the right tools and the OBD11
    I ordered my ATE Ceramics from O/S and used the following codes.
    Fronts - LD2764
    Rears - LD7294
    2019 MY19.5 Highline (R-Line, S&V, Sunroof)
    Stage 3 - Etuners Motorsport - 228wkW, TCU Tune
    G Revision IHI IS38, BMS Panel Filter, CTS Turbo Elbow, CTS Downpipe, Dogbone Insert
    Dynamic Light Assist (OBD11), Eibach Pro Kit Suspension

Ceramic Pad Update

A few months ago I upgraded our second car to a new Audi S3. As they run the same brake set up as the Tiguan I was planning to replace the front pads with the the same Ate ceramic pads I fitted to the Tiguan.
    While I am pretty happy with the pads on the Tiguan, although they are not as clean as the Akebono pads I had on the Audi's predecessor. This made me change my mind at the last minute and go with a different Ate pad. The pads obviously look identical but have different part numbers.

The pad I fitted is 13.0470-2617.2 HSY # 3510 07 033C

The pad fitted to the Tiguan was 13.0470.2764.2 HSY # 2510 07 028C

The new pad is a lot cleaner than that fitted to the Tiguan, comparable to the Akebono pads. The only down side is it's about $40 dearer. I'm really happy with this pad and would have paid the difference when changing the Tiguans pads if I knew this.

Ceramic Brake Pads-301-km-jpgCeramic Brake Pads-300-km-jpg

Photos are after 300 km of city driving.
    Last edited by GRD; 06-06-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: mispelling
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Users Country Flag
    GRD, just new (updated) part numbers mate;

ATE (front pads) – Article Number: 13.0470-2617.2 (CERAMIC) LD2617 / 24738 / 25217
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    GRD, just new (updated) part numbers mate;

ATE (front pads) – Article Number: 13.0470-2617.2 (CERAMIC) LD2617 / 24738 / 25217
    As stated I've only done 300 km. and if I find things are different as I clock up more k's I'll post, but on what I'm seeing it looks like a different pad material. Wheels are a lot cleaner.
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast