Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brake Pedal too far forward - anyone else have this issue ?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I wish I had bought the 162. I really thought the diesel would have the better low end. I was so, so wrong. I have no bottom and top ends (top end expected, and for a diesel it’s ok) Lose, lose!

If I had, I’d probably be able to be a bit more positive. I agree, the ‘feel’ of the car is nice.
    You must belong to a tiny minority of diesel owners who aren’t happy with the diesel performance. Most diesels achieve peak torque right from the 1500rpm.

Think he needs a good DPF delete, EGT delete, all that BS coded out, a bit more boost and instant boners (just pray the car doesn't die because warranty is out the door).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dose Pipe Sutututu View Post
    Think he needs a good DPF delete, EGT delete, all that BS coded out, a bit more boost and instant boners (just pray the car doesn't die because warranty is out the door).
    And so is roardworthyness as it is totally illegal to remove the DPF
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    And so is roardworthyness as it is totally illegal to remove the DPF
    It's also illegal to remove the cat but people do that too Brake Pedal too far forward - anyone else have this issue ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I wish I had bought the 162. I really thought the diesel would have the better low end. I was so, so wrong. I have no bottom and top ends (top end expected, and for a diesel it’s ok) Lose, lose!

If I had, I’d probably be able to be a bit more positive. I agree, the ‘feel’ of the car is nice.
    I dodged a bullet there. I had a 125TDI Superb and naturally thought a 140TDI Tiguan should blow it away. A short 2km drive was all I needed to prove that was not the case at all and the 162 was the better car even though at that stage I had not driven a 162 as there were none in the country. The 125 was light years faster and more responsive than the 140 and I am convinced the 125 had more KW than the badge said.

Transporter, I welcome you to drive my car and feel for yourself. If I recall, we live close to each other (southern suburbs Adelaide)

Coming from gu patrol (2.8 too) a td5 discovery, and the car immediately before this- a gj Mazda 6, this engine is quite a bit different. Perhaps not as bad as the patrol, from 800-1600rpm, but so close it’s not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugly View Post
    It's also illegal to remove the cat but people do that too Brake Pedal too far forward - anyone else have this issue ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Even running a stock cat with a reflash, I suspect you would fail the IM240 gas test.

And I don't seem to have that brake pedal problem.
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Users Country Flag
    Interesting (and funny) thread.

After driven nothing but Toyotas for 10 years I did observe that the brake pedal felt further forward and remember having a whinge about it to friends.

I've learned to deal with it and have moved on.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    I’ve owned over 30 cars. Different models within the same brand will have different brake pedal heights, let alone between brands. Me thinks the complainers need to get out more
    Cheers

Put it this way, the brake pedal being a "bit" forward will prevent some drivers stepping on both the accelerator and brakes at the same time (benefit to most, however in a race car situation you won't be able to heel & toe)
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234