Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pads

Users Country Flag

Brake Pads

I did a quick search and didnt find a post i thought i would recommending pads.

I have had enough of my wheels so dirty. So am going to try some new pads

I was recommended to get Brembo pads but they gave me an alternative of DBA SP Pads. He said they wouldnt give me the performance of the Brembo pads but for around town it would be fine. Ill probably do T3 rotors as well

Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperTig View Post
    I did a quick search and didnt find a post i thought i would recommending pads.

I have had enough of my wheels so dirty. So am going to try some new pads

I was recommended to get Brembo pads but they gave me an alternative of DBA SP Pads. He said they wouldnt give me the performance of the Brembo pads but for around town it would be fine. Ill probably do T3 rotors as well

Opinions?
    Best thing I ever did to my EOS was to fit ATE ceramic pads (fitted new ATE discs at the same time), feels pretty much like OE and no dust. Wheels used to be filthy in less than a week, now can go for weeks (which I did during all this rain we've had) and still look OK.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Brembo have a ceramic pad nowadays so that would be a low(er) dust option. But as above, the ATE Ceramics (and Akebono Ceramic) pads are pretty great.

I have the Akebono's in my wifes car and her car is heavier, has bigger brakes and gets used far more than my car and the wheels remain cleaner - so im my opinion the Akebono's are better.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    +1 for ATE Ceramic pads and ATE discs.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Looks like a winner for the ATE but Id really like slotted discs. So should i just get the ATE and DBA 4000 series

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperTig View Post
    Looks like a winner for the ATE but Id really like slotted discs. So should i just get the ATE and DBA 4000 series
    Yes.
    I fitted the DBA pads and had issues with them not fitting properly (few mm too small).
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag
    I just replaced my rotors and pads on the front of my Tiguan with DBA T2 and Brembo Ceramic pads, have a set of the same for the rear but haven't got around to it. look good and feel good.

I fitted Peddars Sports Ryder Euro which is a ceramic. Didn't have to change the discs and cost me $310 fitted.
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

The Check Brake Pads warning light came up recently.

When the car was in for a warranty item, the inspection report says:
    Front Brakes
    Pad/Shoe 2mm
    Disc/Drum 21mm - Minimum Thickness 2mm (this seems odd... 2mm must be a typo?)

What are my aftermarket options? Will I need new rotors? @mr gee said he fitted pads from Peddars and didn't need to change discs (rotors?). Is this appropriate for me?
    Last edited by LovemyGTI; 05-05-2022 at 12:21 PM.
    MY19 Tiguan Allspace, Platinum Grey, Sound & Vision, R Line, Sunroof

Brake Pads-img_5391-jpg

here's the limits
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast