Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brake pads

Users Country Flag

Ok Bosh pads from above come today and they not fit!
    Diesel was right 160mm ordered Bosch brake pads from my link above are not suitable for132/162kw Tiguan and actual picture are correct measurement of160mm are like on pictures from mounting to mounting bracket but it suppose to be 175mm x 69.5m like Diesel noted. So obvious there is some misleading in Bosch original catalogue and also sparsbox and many other online shops ,obvious they didn't checked but just copy and paste information from Bosch catalogue as they fit.

Very strange how Bosch could make such a silly mistake even by selecting VIN ,but ''German Precision and quality'' same as my German made Tiguan always something wrong ... hehe

So from what you're saying the Golf R brake pad is what you need? as they're 175mm long.

Funny enough if you go to Ben**** (Bendix) they say the Golf GTI MK7 pad fits the Tiguan MK2 (5NA) which is only 160mm or so long
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Users Country Flag
    It’s known fact that the catalogs are often wrong.

Users Country Flag
    Yep Tiguan 132kw and 162kw use same 340mm Disks size as golf R . For front 340mm Disk. That's very decent calliper and brake pads size for small SUV .

As Transporter and other say ,jut ignore catalogue online are all misleading or you will get in trouble same as me with all brands including brembo, bosch ,Bendix say 160mm when selecting car model and VIN.

I have returned first order Bosch 160mm to Seller and He resent correct one Bosch Blue line, installed yesterday and I can only tell car feel different than stock .more smooth , when release brake pedal they just quicker to resume and go than original . Still to early to say regarding braking power , but just car fill different , low noise , like material used is more softer.
    Last edited by cameleon72; 07-09-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    cameleon can you post up the Bosch part number of the correct pads, the ones you have now.
    Also what's the dust situation with these pads?
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

I've got Hawk ceramic on our Mk1 Tig. Fitted some time ago with DBA T2 slotted rotors. NO DUST. Price was OK. Was price sensitive at the time and still went with them but can't recall the actual cost. From V Sport Australia. Much different pedal...less touchy. Took a concerning long time to bed in. I worried they would be too 'hard' for days. Very satisfied after bedding in. Perhaps more audible on heavy sustained down hill with a load.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosguy View Post
    I've got Hawk ceramic on our Mk1 Tig. Fitted some time ago with DBA T2 slotted rotors. NO DUST. Price was OK. Was price sensitive at the time and still went with them but can't recall the actual cost. From V Sport Australia. Much different pedal...less touchy. Took a concerning long time to bed in. I worried they would be too 'hard' for days. Very satisfied after bedding in. Perhaps more audible on heavy sustained down hill with a load.
    There’s nothing like that with ATE Ceramic pads, no difference in the pedal feel, the same stopping power.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry GRD . dont have any more box so don't know P/N .
    Still o early to say regarding dust as I didn't wash car since install and wheels was already dirty.
    But sure they are more soft spongy low noise easy to resume from stoping not sticky to rotor . Maybe they need more to bed in but for now I feel less stoping power than original one , my Rotor Disk already is bit worn on edges after 40k km so pads will need more time to adapt on worn shape of disk rotor .
    However also for less stoping power reason comparing those 2 pads could be in OEM pad design pattern. Even they have same as original pattern and contact size, they are both not full covering pads when pads are brand new.
    They have trapezoid gradual wearing pads contact material style. Only when pads rich last 3-5mm on end they have larger max pad contact .. As my the original replaced pad was already worn under down 3-5mm so basically pads did have this full pads contact and probably that's the difference In more stoping power I noticed with original pads.
    I have also accidently spill out some Brake fluid from main reservoir by pushing and retracting brake calliper piston back in place , so not sure if I have maybe also now got some air trapped by pushing out brake fluid in callipers and brake system ,which I doubt but also to count

Quote Originally Posted by GRD View Post
    cameleon can you post up the Bosch part number of the correct pads, the ones you have now.
    Also what's the dust situation with these pads?

If anyone is keen, I can supply Intima SR brake pads for a reasonable price, Golf R pad that is.
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Users Country Flag

I chatted with someone on the Sparesbox website, and based on my vehicle's vin number, they said these will fit: RDA GP Max Brake Pad Set Front RDB2216 | Sparesbox
    These look right as they're 175mm (not the 160mm mentioned above not to fit). Just wondering if they're going to stop as well as the OEM, anyone have experience with these? Or if there's an alternate brand/part that would be a better OEM replacement?
    The alternative (and tripple the price) is the Zimmerman 24727.200.2 which the online help chat guy said would also fit.

Appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions on the choice between these two.

thanks.
    Last edited by Janus77; 26-05-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123