Thread: Black mirror caps

Users Country Flag

Black mirror caps

Hello everyone, hoping someone would be able to provide information for me. I am wanting to install black mirror caps on my MY19 Tig 162TSi (white), but am struggling to find any listings for them anywhere that include lane change monitor cutouts.
    I have seen some on AliExpress but they appear to have cutouts for the indicator as well, which seems to be different to the white caps that are on the car currently.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black mirror caps-767315cd-f657-4517-b282-a3b23bfb471e-jpg   Black mirror caps-82017657-6440-4919-af25-1b83bdf799ed-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Do you know what an OEM set costs from VW parts department? Surely they can't be too expensive, thinking the Aliexpress set may not fit too well.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I think they are around $100 - $120 each for OEM and come unpainted so would then need to get them painted or wrapped. I was hoping it would be a bit simpler than that, but it might be the way I need to go.

Users Country Flag
    A lot of AliExpress VW body parts (especially the plastics and electronics) are actually OEM VW. VW makes a lot of cars in China and these are just the third-party supplier factories making extras to sell online.

It's a bit of a hit and miss as some are clearly knock-offs and others are OEM (even with the VW part numbers stamped on them). Unless you "invest" the $$$ you won't know till it arrives. It's an exciting 1-2month waiting not knowing.

If you are in a hurry, always better to visit your local VW parts dept, but you pay for that.

My Polo project Polo restoration project - 2016 66TSI received some AliExpress bits and some VW parts dept bits ... half the AliExpress bits were in fact OEM VW. Half obviously not so and eventually may be replaced if they don't last as long as what we'd like.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 01-08-2022 at 02:56 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    A lot of AliExpress VW body parts (especially the plastics and electronics) are actually OEM VW.
    Interesting, I might take a look..