Thread: Best hail blanket for a Tiguan?

Best hail blanket for a Tiguan?

Hey guys

I’ve just taken delivery of a Tiguan Life - it’s an upgrade from my MY17 Golf, and I’m loving it so far… feels a bit like a huge Golf with more tech on board!

We don’t have a garage at home so I’m looking for a hail blanket that can stay in the house but be pulled out when heavy hail is forecast.

It seem the Autotecnica “Ultimate” hail blanket is a good choice, with 6mm padding and coverage that includes the sides of the car too.

Has anyone used one of these?

Or conversely, can anyone recommend something that’s even better?

Thanks heaps, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers
    Mike

(PS - I’ve posted this in the “general” section too - not sure if that many people read that, so posting here as well.)

I used a stock car cover but put a piece of carpet in between.
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    I once had a hail blanket for a Landcruiser I bought at Autobarn. Used it once but was a PITA to get on and off so never bothered again
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I once had a hail blanket for a Landcruiser I bought at Autobarn. Used it once but was a PITA to get on and off so never bothered again

A Google of' hail covers for car"s would have brought this up

Car Cover Ultimate Hail Protection - Sedan, SUV, 4x4 – Car Covers and Shelter
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

A Google of' hail covers for car"s would have brought this up

Car Cover Ultimate Hail Protection - Sedan, SUV, 4x4 – Car Covers and Shelter
    I’ve done some Googling… and there are one or two options out there - mainly the Autotecnica range.
    Just wanted to get the first-hand thoughts of this group, before going ahead and making a purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag

Unfortunately I didn't search here before buying the Autotecnica Ultimate Hail Protection cover.
    Are they kidding? It's so ridged you need at least 2, if not 4 people to put it on without scratching the car to buggery. Fortunately I opened the cover in my house before trying on my new car. Unfortunately it took me 2 or 3 hours to (sort of) fold it to get it to go back in its bag so I can resell it. Anyone want to buy one?
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.