Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery power drain + Reverse Camera problem

battery power drain (fixed) + Reverse Camera problem

Hi hopefully i could get some help here. thanks in advance.

i have 2018 tiguan 163 highline with virtual cockpit + discovery pro without turning nob

problem came up couple of days ago when my bubba left the rear passenger seat light on for good over 10hrs.

so when we tried to start the engine it would not start so we jump started the car and drove for a while to charge the battery.

but no luck so went for a long drive did not turn the engine off i was worried car wont start again came home turn the engine off came back 30min later and car would not start again msg saying battery needs to be charged.

so next day bought ctek mxs 5.0 and charged it for over night and worked next day once to start and again turned it off and tried to start again it would not start again and msg saying battery needs to charge. since car would not start by itself unless jump started or charged over night.

in the process of starting car and turning it off must of done something and now reverse camera wont work.

when i put gear to reverse screen does not change and it stays on whatever screen im on.

so my question is

1. what is the causing the power drain and why isnt battery charging even over night? (i've tried turn everything off like charger cables, dash cam)

2. can i reset the reverse cam by taking fuse out and putting it back on? if so what number should i use?

3. i have used obdeleven to tweak but have turned most of things i think back to stock to get warranty done. can dealer find out i have used obdeleven?

if this problem persist i'll need to take it back to dealer.
    thanks guys.
    Last edited by csplayer; 15-08-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Get the battery load tested even after 2 years it could be stuffed if it discharged right down to nothing. If it was really low the CTek would take nearly 24 hours to fully charge it as I have found out
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

now after the charge car is running ok. i will get battery tested today and see the condition on the battery.

with reverse cam do you have any idea?

thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by csplayer View Post
    now after the charge car is running ok. i will get battery tested today and see the condition on the battery.

with reverse cam do you have any idea?

thanks
    I have found that after a really flat battery strange things happen with VW and I have taken mine to the dealer and they have cleared faults and its all good

As you have an OBDII do a full scan and see what you get If there are faults after scanning clear them and see what happens

You are doing well most of us only have 162's LOL

Get the batttery LOAD TESTED at Battery World or similar, only true way to find out its condition

Yes an observant dealer will know you have been playing. I send the history to my computer so I have a record of whats been done and also write a list of it so I can reverse it.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-08-2020 at 09:51 AM.

i did battery check they told me its bad so i have changed the battery and now starting the is no problem but still when shift gear to reverse screen does not change i did the scan cleared the faults but still no luck.

so dealer will know and i wont be covered for warranty damn...

Users Country Flag
    i did battery check they told me its bad so i have changed the battery and now starting the is no problem but still when shift gear to reverse screen does not change i did the scan cleared the faults but still no luck.

so dealer will know and i wont be covered for warranty damn...
    Maybe wont matter but keep kids away from lights

Who is THEY who told you its bad. Hope you put an AGM in and not another cheapy EFL

Just say you got a flat battery and now camera wont work and shut up about the rest unless they say something

I think warranty will sort it for you. A flat battery won’t damage things in a way that is your fault.

From some googling, unplugging the battery cables for a few mins and then re-connecting they had fixed it for people.

No harm will come from it- beyond losing saved settings in the infotainment system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Maybe wont matter but keep kids away from lights

Who is THEY who told you its bad. Hope you put an AGM in and not another cheapy EFL

Just say you got a flat battery and now camera wont work and shut up about the rest unless they say something
    THEY the battery shop. I did put agm battery.
    Did a scan with obdeleven and there was fault in rearview camera. I forgot what it was but will go home and upload pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I think warranty will sort it for you. A flat battery won’t damage things in a way that is your fault.

From some googling, unplugging the battery cables for a few mins and then re-connecting they had fixed it for people.

No harm will come from it- beyond losing saved settings in the infotainment system.
    yeah im hoping it will be covered. Its funny everything works i can hear beeping sound so sensors are working but screen doesn't want to change

Users Country Flag

THEY the battery shop. I did put agm battery.
    Did a scan with obdeleven and there was fault in rearview camera. I forgot what it was but will go home and upload pic.
    Did you clear the fault in the module OK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast