Thread: AreaView/ Rear camera / Park pilot software/menu issue

Users Country Flag

AreaView/ Rear camera / Park pilot software/menu issue

Hi all,
    My wife has a 2nd Gen Tiguan 132 with area view and rear camera.
    Yesterday it seemed to go into Parkpilot mode with the little radar style sensors visible but cameras not visible (black background rather than camera view). I have been tasked with fixing this.
    How do we get back our camera vision in the default mode so that when you put the car in reverse it automatically shows the rear camera and when you push the camera you get AreaView (360) view?

When I press the camera button next to transmission, this moves straight into a screen titled 'ParkPilot' with a black background and no camera vision. When you exit the screen titled park pilot (using the back arrow), the camera light next to transmission goes off and the radio screen comes back on. There are no other buttons on the screen.

I haven't seen the answer to this problem in other posts:
    - This is not dirty sensors
    - There is NO error message coming up saying that some system isn't working

So far I've tried:
    - clicking camera button next to gear stick on and off.
    - Clicking the park assist on and off
    - Putting car in reverse
    - switching to other screen functions such as radio and nav and then back.
    - Factory resetting the car
    - Mashing lots of buttons and screaming

I called VW service at our local dealer and they said that this is probably the car realising that it doesn't have the most up to date software and disabling functions, but then when I probed further she said she was just the secretary and all she could do was book the car in.

I don't think this is a hardware problem. We have not had a service just before the problem started. This will either turn out to be a menu navigation problem or some software update problem.

Any relationship advice or camera advice appreciated

Users Country Flag
    There was a service campaign for some sort of issue with the parking software, which mine had before delivery, that said I’m sure I have a similar issue sometimes. Usually if the front sensors have triggered, and then I put it into reverse the camera plays up.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
    There was a service campaign for some sort of issue with the parking software, which mine had before delivery, that said I’m sure I have a similar issue sometimes. Usually if the front sensors have triggered, and then I put it into reverse the camera plays up.
    Yes Mine had it done when I went to service centre 3 weeks after I bought it about something else and they said they did the recall on front sensors
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hi vdoubletrouble

I've had this.

Look under the driver's seat.

You'll find a plastic cover that sits over the top of the Area View processor unit.

At the very back of the cover, well under the seat, there will be a bunch of cables going into the processor unit.

It's likely that the cable that is closest to the passenger seat has either fallen out, or come loose, or the wiring is a bit average.

Press the camera button as you've described above, and give that cable a GENTLE wiggle.

Hopefully the Area View image will kick back into life.

Good luck and let me know if this works!

tons
    Last edited by tons; 25-09-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hello, I am also having this problem. Can someone advise the service campaign number for the software fix as the local VW dealer is not aware of the problem. Thanks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan View Post
    Hello, I am also having this problem. Can someone advise the service campaign number for the software fix as the local VW dealer is not aware of the problem. Thanks
    Looks like it might be Campaign 91V2 Parking Aid software update CRIT 01

Thats what my invoice says

With regard to Op's problem when i hit reverse, screen changes to 2 pictures Left is 360 view and right one is reverse camera.

To the right of that is 4 boxes with different icons in them Parallel park. perpendicular park and two other options

By touching them the view from cameras change and perpendicular gives the rear view.

As you change to each one the lines in the 360 view change colour as to what view you are in. Mine changes to orange lines

I only even hit the P1 and P2 buttons if i intend to use handsfree parking which does work pretty well.

When reversing into garage it automatically goes to revers camera every time
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-03-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan