Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APR stage 1 + DSG tunes

Users Country Flag

Had the APR stage 1 + DSG on my 7.5R yesterday. Love it so far.
    Yes fairly aggressive I suppose, but great value with current discounts IMO.
    I previously had an APR stage 1 Scirocco that never gave the slightest of problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    First I have heard of this. There are plenty of people on here with a UGP tune on their Gen 3 EA888 engine and I dont recall any bad experiences.
    Thanks Lucas. It might be just chatter/noise from different tuners. I also haven't heard much bad press on UGP, but then again I also can't find a tonne of reviews of UGP (i guess compared to the mass market APRs etc).

Would you say UGP over APR? Are you flashed on UGP yourself?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    Thanks Lucas. It might be just chatter/noise from different tuners. I also haven't heard much bad press on UGP, but then again I also can't find a tonne of reviews of UGP (i guess compared to the mass market APRs etc).

Would you say UGP over APR? Are you flashed on UGP yourself?
    My wifes SQ5 has a tune from UGP on it.

With my GTI I made the decision to go with Integrated Engineering because its a 3hr drive each way to Pacortech in ingleburn (closest UGP dealer) and it just wasn't convenient when there are so many tuning options for the GTI. With IE I could flash the car in my own time in my garage for for convenience it was 10/10.

Personally the convenience of being able to load on/take off/update the tune yourself is well worth it, but I understand some people would prefer a shop do it.

If you think you will only do a stage 1 tune then you really cant go wrong with any of the known brands (Revo/APR/UGP/Unitronic/Integrated Engineering etc etc). They are all priced similarly and will all make more or less the same power and torque.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 30-03-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I have APR stage 1 tune on my 2018 golf r peaks at 30 psi best tune by far, no turbo issues, I will be using HP Tuners to do the dsg myself once they have the 7 speed dq381 files ready, to fix up crappy drive mode rpm change points and remove the delay when you floor the pedal from start, sport mode is ok, they already have the 6 speed dq250 files, completely adjustable for everything in the tcu, hp tuners can also tune the ecu, a lot cheaper than anything else around but you have to know what to do and its time consuming, they have a forum with plenty of support
    Supported Vehicles List – HPTuners
    HP TUNERS MPVI 2

– VCM Store

Users Country Flag
    ^ no doubt the HP Tuners is good and the fact you can customise it to your liking is great.

I got the Integrated Engineering DSG tune when it was on sale a few months ago for my Mk7 GTI and its so much better than the stock DSG tune. I used to always drive around in manual mode because D mode would ***** me no end and S mode was utterly useless.

Now D mode changes gears at approx 2,100rpm (vs about 1,600rpm stock) so when driving at 50kph through the city I am in 4th gear instead of 5th or 6th. Its also quicker to engage from a standstill, more eager to change down a gear (but you dont need too very often as its in a more appropriate gear to begin with). I still use manual mode, but no where near as often as I used to before the tune. S mode is still an odd one, and I don't like it, but in saying that its definitely less retarded that it was when stock.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Howdy folks, my 2018 162 Tiguan's warranty just expired, so I'm thinking it's time for a tune. the Apr stage 1 looks good, anyone got any recommendations on where to get it done and what price i can expect to pay? Am also looking at the Bluefin option - i like it as i can flash back to stock for when i tow the caravan etc.

Appreciate any thoughts, suggestions. I'm located in the inner west of Sydney.

Cheers.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Janus77 View Post
    Howdy folks, my 2018 162 Tiguan's warranty just expired, so I'm thinking it's time for a tune. the Apr stage 1 looks good, anyone got any recommendations on where to get it done and what price i can expect to pay? Am also looking at the Bluefin option - i like it as i can flash back to stock for when i tow the caravan etc.

Appreciate any thoughts, suggestions. I'm located in the inner west of Sydney.

Cheers.
    AJ Motorsport in Croydon Park gets a good wrap. They do APR and also Integrated Engineering. If you like the ability to be able to change back to stock, the Integrated Engineering tune allows for this but you need to buy the OBD dongle and have a laptop to be able to do it.

AJ Motorsport
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 09-04-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12