Thread: Android Auto connectivity issues

Users Country Flag

Android Auto connectivity issues

Just wondering if anyone has issued with their Android Auto disconnecting?

I have a 2019 VW Tiguan (with all options) and it is always disconnecting randomly from AndroidAuto while plugged in. I have tried about 5 different cables and cleaned the phone port, and the issue is still happening.

I used my phone (+ same charging cable I usually use) in a Mitsubishi hire car last week for 5 days and it didn't disconnect once! So clearly it's a car issue, not phone.

Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestions on possible fixes? I don't suppose there's a way to upgrade the car to wireless Android Auto?

Also, are there any software updates available for my infotainment system?

Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman888 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has issued with their Android Auto disconnecting?

Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestions on possible fixes? I don't suppose there's a way to upgrade the car to wireless Android Auto?

Also, are there any software updates available for my infotainment system?

Thanks in advance
    NO and NO The wireless model is MIB3 We have MIB2 Never seen any firmware updates although a member on here offered me one but as yet havent seen it
    Dealer will only do it if unit has a problem
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Try deleting your account on the and repair again
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    I had this problem massively, I also had this problem where the initial connection would fail over and over again. 5 plug in attempts to get it to finally connect. That was on my Galaxy S8. I recently bought an S10 and no problems at all now. I suspect it might have been the phone or version of Android Auto on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    I had this problem massively, I also had this problem where the initial connection would fail over and over again. 5 plug in attempts to get it to finally connect. That was on my Galaxy S8. I recently bought an S10 and no problems at all now. I suspect it might have been the phone or version of Android Auto on the phone.

Interesting. I have an S20+ but my S10 did the same thing, so ruled out the phone as the issue..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    I suspect it might have been the phone or version of Android Auto on the phone.
    This...
    I had an original Pixel - no issues
    Swapped to a Nokia 7.1 (I think) and had nothing but dramas. Was running the same version Android as the Pixel
    Gave up after 5 months (lots of other S/W issues with the phone) and now on a Pixel 4a and not had any dramas

What phone and version Android are you running?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    This...
    Swapped to a Nokia 7.1 (I think) and had nothing but dramas. Was running the same version Android as the Pixel
    Gave up after 5 months (lots of other S/W issues with the phone) and now on a Pixel 4a and not had any dramas

I've got a Galaxy S10 running Android 11. The Android Auto is version 6.3.611324

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    This...

S20+, Android version 11. But even with previous versions (and a previous phone) it did it.

So annoying!

Users Country Flag

I also have had random disconnection issues (using new cable) with my Samsung but not consistent

Test drove a new car today with Wireless Android Auto / Apple Car Play.
    It was a PITA to connect via Bluetooth. Then after disconnecting and wanting to reconnect again it had many issues on the iPhone and then same issues with the Samsung.

Strange as I just assumed the Wireless Android Auto would be more stable and easier than using a USB cable.
    Last edited by FastMitch; 08-05-2021 at 12:55 AM.