Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allspace recall for potentially faulty rear springs

Allspace recall for potentially faulty rear springs

2018-19 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace recalled | CarAdvice

Starts at cars with a build number around *183000 and affects about 1500 cars.

My guesstimate is it affects some my19.5 cars, shortly after the diesel model was discontinued.

Users Country Flag
    I'm listed ...

Mine is mid July 18 build

My first service is about 1,200km away so I'll forward book that in now and see if I can get this done at the same time
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Got an email on Thursday so booked mine in.
    im due for 1 year service as well so hopefully kill two birds with the one visit.

Service Manager did say the phones were running hot yesterday with service bookings for the recall

Also, there are quite a few recall stories on Caradvice at the moment - are standards dropping to eek out as much margin as possible or things getting more complicated to build?

Likely a bit of what you wrote, but also things are more easily spread via the internet, so harder to keep quiet...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Likely a bit of what you wrote, but also things are more easily spread via the internet, so harder to keep quiet...
    How about less real life testing since they can simulate a lot on computers, but also improved feedbacks to manufacturers and better communication than 30 or so years ago. So, don’t give all the credit to yourselves and internet after all it’s Volkswagen recall, not the internet’s.

“According to the company, a certain material used in a 'limited production period' for the rear springs wasn't approved. As a result, there's a risk a rear coil spring will break and damage the rear tyres.”

After working for Holden (manufacturing and workshop), Ford(service dept) and Mazda (sales)

Plus being involved in warranty, repairs, sales, auditing and training people in sales and solutions based industries, I’m very much disagreeing about any kind of ‘good’ initiative of any brand, in any industry- in relation to the reason of how a recall is initiated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    After working for Holden (manufacturing and workshop), Ford(service dept) and Mazda (sales)

Plus being involved in warranty, repairs, sales, auditing and training people in sales and solutions based industries, I’m very much disagreeing about any kind of ‘good’ initiative of any brand, in any industry- in relation to the reason of how a recall is initiated.

No matter how I look at your CV, I can’t see how you or anyone on THE Internet could’ve found out about the fault. When....
    certain material used in limited production period of time for rear springs has not been approved”.

The bottom line is, there are many recalls initiated by manufacturers, so don’t generalise it.
    Last edited by Transporter; 22-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.

To be fair, I obviously don’t know the exact mind of any human being. I am quite astute though, in judging people and situations.

Every person on THE internet, is still a real person- with real skills, shortcomings and experiences. Yourself included.

Whether another person needs/wants to believe them, is a different matter.

I’m sure there have been recalls actioned without a single customer being the instigator. In Australia however, I’m very confident this percentage is a lot smaller than than that of recalls initiated after many (too many usually) people raised issues.

I don’t want to keep on polluting this thread with me arguing a point. I respect everyone has their own viewpoints and opinions- it’s not for me to choose who is right/wrong.

Users Country Flag
    Wise words, I respect you as well. Though, it’s easy to jump to conclusions that manufacturers need to be pushed to initiate recall when there is an issue, where as I see it and it’s quite probable that, it’s the dealership workshops lack of communication with customers and their incompetence to see the issues that do exist and lead to later recalls. IMO, it’s characteristic to VAG in Australia.

Users Country Flag

Had the car booked in yesterday for 1st service and fix the recall as wel.
    All went well, no issues from the recall fix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast