Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Air Conditioning not working

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    108
    Users Country Flag

    Air Conditioning not working

    My 2.5 year old Tiguan's air conditioning isn't blowing cold air. Seems like just the fan is working.

    I am assuming that the a/c needs re-gassing?

    Is having to re-gas a 2.5 year old car unusual?

    Could there be an underlying problem?

    Would you go to the dealer or a motor a/c person?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney/Canberra
    Posts
    5,398
    Users Country Flag
    If it's under warranty, back to the dealer.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    108
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    If it's under warranty, back to the dealer.
    I wonder if the new car warranty would cover this?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,290
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marcuskmt View Post
    I wonder if the new car warranty would cover this?
    Read post above yours.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brissy
    Posts
    2,060
    Users Country Flag
    Back to dealer, but please come back and let us know what went wrong.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    108
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Read post above yours.
    I still wonder if it is under a new car warranty?

    Are they all the same?

    Does it cover A/C?

    This is what google says...



    3 Year Unlimited New Vehicle KM Warranty

    What’s included:

    • 3 Year Unlimited KM Warranty applies to vehicles sold prior to 1 October 2018.
    • 100% backed by Volkswagen.
    • 3 years membership to Volkswagen Roadside Assist.
    • Transferable at no cost enhancing resale value if you sell your vehicle during the warranty period.



    Last edited by marcuskmt; 08-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    108
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It was a compressor problem and is covered under warranty.

    Whilst I am happy that they are covering it under warranty, I don't feel like they have gone out of their way to help us.

    We've had to wait two weeks before someone even looked at the car and when we showed concern about getting parts around X'mas, they suggested that this window had closed already if parts were coming from overseas.

    Now, we play the waiting game of them sourcing the compressor from within Australia which wont arrive until next year.

    So I'm a little annoyed that if they looked at it two weeks ago, they could of ordered the parts and we'd have it fixed by now.
    Last edited by marcuskmt; 20-12-2019 at 04:07 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,290
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marcuskmt View Post
    It was a compressor problem and is covered under warranty.

    Whilst I am happy that they are covering it under warranty, I don't feel like they have gone out of their way to help us.

    We've had to wait two weeks before someone even looked at the car and when we showed concern about getting parts around X'mas, they suggested that this window had closed already if parts were coming from overseas.

    Now, we play the waiting game of them sourcing the compressor from within Australia which wont arrive until next year.

    So I'm a little annoyed that if they looked at it two weeks ago, they could of ordered the parts and we'd have it fixed by now.
    So what if they ordered an expensive compressor and it wasnt that.

    Unfortunately everyone is busy at this time of the year and you have to wait your turn Sad but true

    Even if they ordered the parts 2 MONTHS ago you would be lucky to get it fixed this year.. They dont just fly your part halfway around the world to please you They make up an order and it comes as pallet loads.

    If there is one in AUS it may have got here in time but no way in a few days

    A lot of makers have a Oceania parts centre in Singapore or somewhere and all irregular stuff is stored there.

    VW do have stuff that comes from Sydney but who knows what they have there
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brissy
    Posts
    2,060
    Users Country Flag
    I had my ac diagnosed and repaired in the same day with new compressor etc. Was not at a dealer however and certainly did not put in a the same bad design compressor that VW use.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,290
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    I had my ac diagnosed and repaired in the same day with new compressor etc. Was not at a dealer however and certainly did not put in a the same bad design compressor that VW use.

    His being under warranty restricted him to using the dealer who probably didnt have one sitting around
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |