Thread: AID Issue

AID Issue

I got in my car today, switched on the ignition and the AID was just a screen of multi coloured pixels and nothing else. I then got my son to have a look as he works on this sort of stuff as a day job and he wasn't too sure but suggested it looked like the AID did not "load" during the ignition on cycle. When the ignition was switched off the dash did not turn off so we disconnected the battery and when it was re-connected the dash came to life normally. It will be interesting to see if it occurs again. This is the first generation AID BTW.

I’d just monitor it for now, with a call and email to your vw dealer to have them document it (time and date it happened.

If you have a obd11 see if a fault code was generated.
    If it happens again get a pic and then make a booking with vw- with the knowledge that you’ve already (in writing) made them aware of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I’d just monitor it for now, with a call and email to your vw dealer to have them document it (time and date it happened.

If you have a obd11 see if a fault code was generated.
    If it happens again get a pic and then make a booking with vw- with the knowledge that you’ve already (in writing) made them aware of the problem.
    I am lucky in that respect, my son works in a multi franchise dealer and VW is on the same site.