Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 215/65/17 on an Rline

Users Country Flag

215/65/17 on an Rline

Will a 215/65/17 fit on a Rline with Suzuka 20s. Can get one mag and tyre at a reasonable price for a spare and as it is virtually the same diameter thought it would be a good idea

Main concern is if it will clear the brakes OK but that size is on the tyre placard so presume it will.

Other thing is will the Dynaudio Sub fit in it???????

What do you reckon
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-07-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Will a 215/65/17 fit on a Rline with Suzuka 20s. Can get one mag and tyre at a reasonable price for a spare and as it is virtually the same diameter thought it would be a good idea

What do you reckon
    In my humble opinion save your money.

My thoughts are this:-

- isn't the temp spare also virtually the same diameter?
    - how often do you get a flat tyre where you need to drive at highway speeds (100kmh) where a temp spare restricts you to 80 kmh? The impact would be most felt if doing a long trip, say interstate or part of the lap of our good land. But then only to the next major city/town.
    - a spare that is not the same size or tread pattern as the 4 boots on the car, in any case, theoretically should restrict your performance anyway
    - how much boot space do you loose with a full size spare (width) compared to the temporary spare?

Best wishes in making your decision and happy motoring.
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post
    In my humble opinion save your money.

My thoughts are this:-

- isn't the temp spare also virtually the same diameter?
    - how often do you get a flat tyre where you need to drive at highway speeds (100kmh) where a temp spare restricts you to 80 kmh? The impact would be most felt if doing a long trip, say interstate or part of the lap of our good land. But then only to the next major city/town.
    - a spare that is not the same size or tread pattern as the 4 boots on the car, in any case, theoretically should restrict your performance anyway
    - how much boot space do you loose with a full size spare (width) compared to the temporary spare?

Best wishes in making your decision and happy motoring.
    The diameter is within 5-a few mm of each other so wont make SFA difference At the price Im getting it would be a fool to turn it down and IF I do get a puncture will allow me to put it on either end as normally you put a spacesaver on the rears only. My only concern is if it will clear the brakes but as that size is on the tyre placard I presume it will.

Users Country Flag
    My only concern is if it will clear the brakes but as that size is on the tyre placard I presume it will.
    Unless you're buying the OEM wheel, the size as stated is not the only issue. You also need to look at offset and spoke design. If it's not a VW wheel, also the stud pattern and even centre bore.
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    Unless you're buying the OEM wheel, the size as stated is not the only issue. You also need to look at offset and spoke design. If it's not a VW wheel, also the stud pattern and even centre bore.
    Its a 17" Tiguan wheel probably off a Mk1 So I guess next question is Are the stud patterns the same on the MK1 and the MK2

Will only be used for emergencies so as long as it clears the brakes am not to worried.

Anyway the Dynaudio sub wont fit in it so game over.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 07-07-2022 at 11:03 AM.

2nd half can get a 19 off a Golf GTI and a 225 50 19 is basically the same size so wondering if bolt holes are the same

2nd half can get a 19 off a Golf GTI and a 225 50 19 is basically the same size so wondering if bolt holes are the same
    google is your friend here.... I suspect most if not all VW are 5x112 PCD... but the offset and centre bore size may be different.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jasiano View Post
    google is your friend here.... I suspect most if not all VW are 5x112 PCD... but the offset and centre bore size may be different.
    All Golfs (from Mk5 onwards), Tiguans, Passats, Jettas are 5x112PCD.

All Polos are 5x100 (from Mk 4 onwards and MK3 and Mk4 Golfs)

All Amaroks and Transporter/Multivans are 5x120

Touareg is 5x130

Up! is 4x100 (as is Mk1 and Mk 2 Golfs and MK1 to 3 Polos)

Sometimes those German engineers makes no sense at all .... or perhaps they just like f***ing with people's minds ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Thanks all Have given up on the idea as just wasting money

Users Country Flag

Thanks all Have given up on the idea as just wasting money
    Not necessarily, any 18" or larger wheel from a Golf GTI will fit. Tiguan brakes are the same size as a GTI's (and smaller than a Rs) so they will all fit over the brakes on your Tiguan. It is possible than 17" Golf wheels will fit too as the Tiguan brakes are not massive.

Single wheels are a bit more expensive per wheel than a set, but you could get 1 fairly cheap. Fit a cheapish tyre in the correct size and you'd have a decent spare.

I run a full size spare in both my Golfs.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast