Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 215/65/17 on an Rline

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Not necessarily, any 18" or larger wheel from a Golf GTI will fit. Tiguan brakes are the same size as a GTI's (and smaller than a Rs) so they will all fit over the brakes on your Tiguan. It is possible than 17" Golf wheels will fit too as the Tiguan brakes are not massive.

Single wheels are a bit more expensive per wheel than a set, but you could get 1 fairly cheap. Fit a cheapish tyre in the correct size and you'd have a decent spare.

I run a full size spare in both my Golfs.
    I think Hillbilly indicated that he has given up on the idea as his subwoofer will not fit inside the smaller diameter wheeln the wheel well
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Not necessarily, any 18" or larger wheel from a Golf GTI will fit. Tiguan brakes are the same size as a GTI's (and smaller than a Rs) so they will all fit over the brakes on your Tiguan. It is possible than 17" Golf wheels will fit too as the Tiguan brakes are not massive.

Single wheels are a bit more expensive per wheel than a set, but you could get 1 fairly cheap. Fit a cheapish tyre in the correct size and you'd have a decent spare.

I run a full size spare in both my Golfs.
    Yes I know they fit but my car has Dynaudio and the sub is in the spare and it wont fit in a 17 A 17 with a reasonable tyre is available for $30 on Farcebook but is too small for the sub.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Have you considered a custom enclosure? I'm making a mold in 2 parts that could potentially be used for different wheel and driver sizes.

215/65/17 on an Rline-20220711_180144-jpg
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Have you considered a custom enclosure? I'm making a mold in 2 parts that could potentially be used for different wheel and driver sizes.

215/65/17 on an Rline-20220711_180144-jpg
    No and Im not spending any money on it as sound is ok. Just thought having a full size spare was a good idea but its not really worth it and no good making a mould for a wheel size that it wont fit in. An R line full size wheel and tyre wont fit in the well in a Tiguan as it wont go to the bottom and sticks up nearly 60 mm above floor level A narrower tyre on a slightly smaller rim would, but not worth the hassle as would cost too much in fuel to run around to Brissie from where I live
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    No and Im not spending any money on it as sound is ok. Just thought having a full size spare was a good idea but its not really worth it and no good making a mould for a wheel size that it wont fit in. An R line full size wheel and tyre wont fit in the well in a Tiguan as it wont go to the bottom and sticks up nearly 60 mm above floor level A narrower tyre on a slightly smaller rim would, but not worth the hassle as would cost too much in fuel to run around to Brissie from where I live
    Ok, are there other sized dynaudio spare-wheel subs for smaller wheels - maybe for a golf? But I guess that'll also involve spending more money =D .. Yeah, seems it’s probably not worth all the hassle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12