Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Tiguan R

You're looking at around 80k w/o sunroof. 83k with, drive away.

What other cars would you consider instead with the power on offer here? When I was looking you can have a much better cabin experience for the money, but not much else on the market performance-wise for an SUV. This is why I kept my order despite it being 5k over budget

79K is the introduction of LCT at 33%, thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vwcorrerog View Post
    You're looking at around 80k w/o sunroof. 83k with, drive away.

What other cars would you consider instead with the power on offer here? When I was looking you can have a much better cabin experience for the money, but not much else on the market performance-wise for an SUV. This is why I kept my order despite it being 5k over budget
    The new Volvo EV will blow it out of the water by a huge amount for about the same money. My son works for a dealer and had a ride in one, he is used to driving super karts and he was astounded at the performance compared to his Golf PP. The Volvo has about 400HP from zero.
    Last edited by Ozsko; 18-12-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    The new Volvo EV will blow it out of the water by a huge amount for about the same money. My son works for a dealer and had a ride in one, he is used to driving super karts and he was astounded at the performance compared to his Golf PP. The Volvo has about 400HP from zero.
    First it’s a Volvo, secondly Eek, they have the most revolting interior, and nothing flash from the outside!
    There is seriously nothing in the $80k vicinity in an SUV that comes close to the new R! Maybe a 3-4 year old SQ5, but nothing new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    First it’s a Volvo, secondly Eek, they have the most revolting interior, and nothing flash from the outside!
    There is seriously nothing in the $80k vicinity in an SUV that comes close to the new R! Maybe a 3-4 year old SQ5, but nothing new!

Agreed. And I'm very sceptical that the xc40 electric will be 80k drive away anyway. I'm not disputing that it's a good car. I think it'll be great for people considering electric.

I responded citing the performance question and yes it blow the Tiguan into the weeds. If the Tiguan goes over the 79K LCT break the price it becomes that plus 33% which is totally ridiculous of course. Have you looked at this aspect?

Luxury car tax rate and thresholds | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)

Yeah. With LCT pricing driveaway including fees comes to around 80k. Remembering that LCT is 33% of the dollars above 67.5k.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post

Agreed 100%

Users Country Flag
    Been told $81,990 inclu Sunroof.

Either way your getting a lot of car and power for that price in comparison to whats out there now.

I signed last week at 78,750 da without sunroof if it helps anyone else

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast