Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Tiguan R

Yeah, it's the headrest in those alcantara seats that in my opinion looks off. But that was neither here nor there. The manual adjustment seats in a 75k SUV is what gave me the cheap feeling.
    Well since we are both opposites, if we get tired of our seats we can swap I guess haha

Users Country Flag
    How much tuning and dollar spend would be required to get a Tiguan 162 as close as possible to a Tiguan R in terms of power output?

Normally not much.
    Stage 1 tune would get there pretty easily.
    Difference is one is fully supported with factory warranty

Yeah I don't reckon it would take much. The biggest difference I would say is the awd.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly78 View Post
    How much tuning and dollar spend would be required to get a Tiguan 162 as close as possible to a Tiguan R in terms of power output?
    Power output different to how fast you can go. As above - new AWD system big benefit.
    VW website claiming 4.9sec 0-100.

You'd struggle to do that with stage 2 - 162 (tune, downpipe, intake etc). Plus you're pushing things to the limit.
    Apples & Oranges really.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag
    Anyone have any further updates?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy35851 View Post
    Power output different to how fast you can go. As above - new AWD system big benefit.
    VW website claiming 4.9sec 0-100.

You'd struggle to do that with stage 2 - 162 (tune, downpipe, intake etc). Plus you're pushing things to the limit.
    Apples & Oranges really.
    4.9sec 0-100kph is around a flat 13 second 1/4 mile pass ... for an AWD SUV ... that's seriously quick ....

I think you'll find it won't do a flat 13 pass without a tune. Quick off the line but drops off up top. I'm not sure how accurate but a quick google search says 14.3.

I'm doing 4.5 0-100, and did a 12.7 1/4mile (although probably could be better with perfect launch, new tyres and better conditions). Similar car to me but running JB4 and Allspace getting 13.0.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag
    Bloody well done T ... you are probably right re needing a tune ... but I would still reckon 4.9s 0-100 would get you into the 13's without a tune, if you get mid to low 13's with a tune, still damn good outcome

Quote Originally Posted by OLI89G View Post
    Anyone have any further updates?
    Other than what I posted in the other sticky group no. Have you called your dealer to ask about an update to your preorder?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast