Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Tiguan R line transmission delay

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    'This review is no longer available.''

I wonder why ?

I can see when I click but I do not know why you cannot see.
    Try the below one.
    Google Maps

If that does not even work, you are welcome to Kevin Dennis google review. Newest one is mine with "Mustafa Kadioglu"
    kevin dennis volkswagen - Google Search

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    I can see when I click but I do not know why you cannot see.
    Try the below one.
    Google Maps

If that does not even work, you are welcome to Kevin Dennis google review. Newest one is mine with "Mustafa Kadioglu"
    kevin dennis volkswagen - Google Search
    I cant see any reviews with your name either. I sorted by newest reviews and looked through the last 2 months worth of reviews and although there are plenty of other reviews, yours is not there. Im guessing they have removed it.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    That's why I am laughing as comment is probably removed by Google on tip from VW forum watchers Happen many time to me that comment has been removed when you speak truth and openly which is against big company's.
    Big company paying lots of money to advertised like googly , YouTube leading country car review journalists and similar... And if you research is not secret that VW is very good by financial motivation in this car marketing circle . They know were is best to invest and make money Tiguan was in the raw on all sites as Best SUV , no one ever in this reviews was honest to Buyers to warn or tell about Clunking manufactures issues ,but this is noticeable to any experience and previous VAG and DSG owner , but Car Experts should straight detect such problems In car reviews and be honest to warn Buyers . I learn from my mistake to never again trust online car reviews , and not to jump first in new model, even if is sponsored by marketing hype '' best or car of the year''

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    That's why I am laughing as comment is probably removed by Google on tip from VW forum watchers Happen many time to me that comment has been removed when you speak truth and openly which is against big company's.
    Big company paying lots of money to advertised like googly , YouTube leading country car review journalists and similar... And if you research is not secret that VW is very good by financial motivation in this car marketing circle . They know were is best to invest and make money Tiguan was in the raw on all sites as Best SUV , no one ever in this reviews was honest to Buyers to warn or tell about Clunking manufactures issues ,but this is noticeable to any experience and previous VAG and DSG owner , but Car Experts should straight detect such problems In car reviews and be honest to warn Buyers . I learn from my mistake to never again trust online car reviews , and not to jump first in new model, even if is sponsored by marketing hype '' best or car of the year''

It is very interesting. When I sign in to my google account and check the review, I can see my review. However, if I use my wife's account to see it, I does not show. So you can understand how disgracefully disgusting they are.
    I will talk to google and report the issue

Just a quick update on the below - I had by clutches replaced and car is 100% better.

Tuner commented that he has had a couple of Tiguan's in for servicing with similar issues and thinks it is probably a bad batch made somewhere.

Driving home I thought there was an issue with the tune, but it was traction control kicking in

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy35851 View Post
    Just to add to this, I have recently been through a bit of a saga with VW and my DSG.

I purchase vehicle second hand (2019) with 15,000km's on it. Occasionally I noticed the car 'bunny hopping' when taking off on a slight incline (my driveway) without any throttle input but thought this was normal. Changes from 1st to 2nd were also a bit slow. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but oh how I wish I had done something about it.

Fast forward 6 months, I get the car tuned (ECU & TCU) which made the bunny hopping significantly worse.
    Reverted the car back to stock and took to 1 dealer (absolutely useless) saying that because there were no fault codes showing there was nothing they could do.
    Took to another dealer which were very helpful. Had the mechatronics replaced after a long wait, but this didn't fix my symptoms at all.
    VW Australia investigated logs further (another long wait), they found that car had been tuned and said no further coverage. They advised that K1 clutch packs had been overheated at some stage.

There is no way that the tunes would create more torque than these gearboxes are designed to handle, and it was obviously faulty from factory. I think all of the issues described above are only going to become more apparent as these cars get older.

I have bitten the bullet and am getting my tuning shop to replace the clutch packs at ~$3K cost to me (parts are $1,500 from VW).

I guess I am lucky that VW replaced the mechatronics and that I know that isn't causing my issues.

Over the past month or so I have noticed the symptoms getting worse, especially at low speed in second gear.

Just thought I would post as I couldn't find indication of repair costs anywhere for clutch packs. I know Mechatronics replacement is significantly higher (~$4-5k).

I could have replaced with a low k second hand gearbox but may end up in the same position in the future.

Here's hoping the clutch replacement works....

Users Country Flag
    SWB or Allspace?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag

2021 Tiguan R line transmission delay

MY21 Allspace here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2021 VW Tiguan Allspace Highline 162TSI R-Line (His)
    2018 Ford Escape ST-Line (Hers)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123