Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tiguan R line transmission delay

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    I hear the noise in between when I accelerate and stop accelerating in D1 to D4 but not after D4
    That doesn’t sound normal
    shouldn't be like that
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Just to add to this, I have recently been through a bit of a saga with VW and my DSG.

I purchase vehicle second hand (2019) with 15,000km's on it. Occasionally I noticed the car 'bunny hopping' when taking off on a slight incline (my driveway) without any throttle input but thought this was normal. Changes from 1st to 2nd were also a bit slow. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but oh how I wish I had done something about it.

Fast forward 6 months, I get the car tuned (ECU & TCU) which made the bunny hopping significantly worse.
    Reverted the car back to stock and took to 1 dealer (absolutely useless) saying that because there were no fault codes showing there was nothing they could do.
    Took to another dealer which were very helpful. Had the mechatronics replaced after a long wait, but this didn't fix my symptoms at all.
    VW Australia investigated logs further (another long wait), they found that car had been tuned and said no further coverage. They advised that K1 clutch packs had been overheated at some stage.

There is no way that the tunes would create more torque than these gearboxes are designed to handle, and it was obviously faulty from factory. I think all of the issues described above are only going to become more apparent as these cars get older.

I have bitten the bullet and am getting my tuning shop to replace the clutch packs at ~$3K cost to me (parts are $1,500 from VW).

I guess I am lucky that VW replaced the mechatronics and that I know that isn't causing my issues.

Over the past month or so I have noticed the symptoms getting worse, especially at low speed in second gear.

Just thought I would post as I couldn't find indication of repair costs anywhere for clutch packs. I know Mechatronics replacement is significantly higher (~$4-5k).

I could have replaced with a low k second hand gearbox but may end up in the same position in the future.

Here's hoping the clutch replacement works....

Users Country Flag
    Interesting…I have always thought the very slight bunny hopping is normal for DSG.
    exactly like you said, slight incline, no revs, just ease off the brake…
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

I have the same issue. 2017 Tiguan 162TSI. Purchased brand new.
    Gears 1 to 2/3 are rough and there is always a clunking noise. It is more noticeable when car is cold or first 10 minutes to 20 minutes of driving. Especially in slow-stop traffic. Same thing in reverse. Sometimes I hear a shudder sound as well when gears are dropping from 5/6/7 to 1. Another thing which is strange is a skip, it is around 12km/h to 14km/h range the car skips and there is a slight judder. This always happens and is very strange.
    VW checked the car and told me the same thing of course!
    It is getting worse and worse as the car is getting older. Funny thing is I went to a VW track day once and all the Tiguan's had the same noises. I think it may be limited to this model?
    I am hearing transmission issues and other issues coming out more and more which is expected as I believe this model was released in 2016 here so we are at the 5 year mark.
    Disappointing for a $50k/$60k car. Now I am thinking of all the stories you hear about these DSG/DCTs!
    I had other issues with the alternator, sunroof, windscreen drainage, creaking etc but that's another story.
    Last edited by driver32; 25-07-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    Interesting, yeah it is pretty noisey and does sound cheap / broken for what I expect from a vehicle at this price point. Heck even at half the price I’d still expect it to be much more refined than this.

I’ll have to raise it with my dealer as the clunking and clattering on downshifting is super noticeable especially when approaching a stop. So much so it sounds like something just isn’t right with the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think we all raise this issue so they will have to get that it is faulty and that does not meet the customer's expectation. We pay a bag of money and in return we get a bay of sh....

Thanks for acknowledging that there is a problem here with the car and it is not NORMAL.
    Last edited by Mustafa; 25-07-2021 at 12:09 PM. Reason: repeat

Users Country Flag
    Mustafa welcome to new VW Tiguan clunky club Now it will be lots of white hair ,and lost nervs dealing with crooks from VW

I am sure you will spend now many, many hair pulling hours with VW crook customer service ,seeding you from one department to another , to all so called 'VW experts '' to brain wash you and convince with answers like is nothing wrong and your car is working as per VW DSG Manufacture specification

Wow look how suddenly so many unhappy clunky Tiguan coming and reporting same clunking issue . Where are those Tiguan Fun club ppl now to jump and defend how this issue is normal and I was ''only'' unlucky or'' imagine things'' .

Sorry Mustafa but I doubt VW Australia will help you permanently resolve VW clunking issue on you new Tiguan, to drive as normal DSG car or as your Passat R . It Is just manufactured stupid bad flow design. Germans new generation is not any more as they use before precise and proven quality . New German generations are oriented on candy invitation , gadgets and quick profit with saving on even small screws and switches!
    Unless you decide to spend lots of money and heavy modified your new Tiguan , you will have to live with that clunking's and feeling that front car filling somehow disconnect . Probably smart good engineer ppl at VW know this clunking problem ,and they can fixed clunking on Tiguan, but if you fix someone's clunky complain car fitting not standard Tiguans parts ,they will need total recall and redesign manufactures process on all sold Tiguans ,which are still most under drive train warranty since 2016 and up , that' all cost lots of money !
    Offcourse this is not our Buyers problem , we pay for new car ,and car should be problem free or fixable for at least 3 years under M. warranty . More Tiguan Clunking unhappy Buyers form group and complain, they will need to fix mess they sold.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    Mustafa welcome to new VW Tiguan clunky club Now it will be lots of white hair ,and lost nervs dealing with crooks from VW

I am sure you will spend now many, many hair pulling hours with VW crook customer service ,seeding you from one department to another , to all so called 'VW experts '' to brain wash you and convince with answers like is nothing wrong and your car is working as per VW DSG Manufacture specification

Wow look how suddenly so many unhappy clunky Tiguan coming and reporting same clunking issue . Where are those Tiguan Fun club ppl now to jump and defend how this issue is normal and I was ''only'' unlucky or'' imagine things'' .

Sorry Mustafa but I doubt VW Australia will help you permanently resolve VW clunking issue on you new Tiguan, to drive as normal DSG car or as your Passat R . It Is just manufactured stupid bad flow design. Germans new generation is not any more as they use before precise and proven quality . New German generations are oriented on candy invitation , gadgets and quick profit with saving on even small screws and switches!
    Unless you decide to spend lots of money and heavy modified your new Tiguan , you will have to live with that clunking's and feeling that front car filling somehow disconnect . Probably smart good engineer ppl at VW know this clunking problem ,and they can fixed clunking on Tiguan, but if you fix someone's clunky complain car fitting not standard Tiguans parts ,they will need total recall and redesign manufactures process on all sold Tiguans ,which are still most under drive train warranty since 2016 and up , that' all cost lots of money !
    Offcourse this is not our Buyers problem , we pay for new car ,and car should be problem free or fixable for at least 3 years under M. warranty . More Tiguan Clunking unhappy Buyers form group and complain, they will need to fix mess they sold.

I cannot agree you more!

Here is my google review, if anyone interested, and like if you like.

Google Maps

Thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    Here is my google review, if anyone interested, and like if you like.

Google Maps

Thanks in advance.

'This review is no longer available.''

I wonder why ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast