Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tiguan R Line Purchase

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The Rav4 Edge (non hybrid) was one of the other SUV's I looked at before my purchase of the Tiguan. I found the seating not to be as comfortable as in the Tiguan and I wasn't a fan of the infotainment system. I must say the looks of the Tiguan and engine (coming from a V8 ) was definitely a selling point for me and also found the Tiguan to feel like more of a drives car so I agree with your comment for "dads that want a bit of sport in their car" NickVDK.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    The Rav4 Edge (non hybrid) was one of the other SUV's I looked at before my purchase of the Tiguan. I found the seating not to be as comfortable as in the Tiguan and I wasn't a fan of the infotainment system. I must say the looks of the Tiguan and engine (coming from a V8 ) was definitely a selling point for me and also found the Tiguan to feel like more of a drives car so I agree with your comment for "dads that want a bit of sport in their car" NickVDK.
    My current car is a forester. it's a great car, it's just 15 years old now and I need an upgrade. it's non-turbo and underpowered for long trips where overtaking and getting over hills with a fully loaded car become important.

I've looked at everything, and would have possibly considered the new forester but they dropped the XT. I'm annoyed that Subaru, once marketed as "rally inspired" and now they're marketing dept is leaning towards hippy campers. Plus the new forester looks ugly,
    and so does the cx-5, rav4, x-trail, hyundai tucson, kia sportage, MG, Skoda etc are all either ugly, underpowered or both. My only option which is a decent looking car, has decent powered engine options and that isn't trying to go for the "space ship" look is the VW Tiguan.

Have to agree, I've test driven a few Tigs now and it's a great drivers car, except for the 110Tsi which lacks power and torque for my needs, but would be perfectly suitable around town.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    My current car is a forester. it's a great car, it's just 15 years old now and I need an upgrade. it's non-turbo and underpowered for long trips where overtaking and getting over hills with a fully loaded car become important.

I've looked at everything, and would have possibly considered the new forester but they dropped the XT. I'm annoyed that Subaru, once marketed as "rally inspired" and now they're marketing dept is leaning towards hippy campers. Plus the new forester looks ugly,
    and so does the cx-5, rav4, x-trail, hyundai tucson, kia sportage, MG, Skoda etc are all either ugly, underpowered or both. My only option which is a decent looking car, has decent powered engine options and that isn't trying to go for the "space ship" look is the VW Tiguan.

Have to agree, I've test driven a few Tigs now and it's a great drivers car, except for the 110Tsi which lacks power and torque for my needs, but would be perfectly suitable around town.

Coming from a VE commodore which has a lot of blind spots the one thing I did like about the new forester when I test drove it was the clear vision around the whole vehicle from the inside without any blind spots.

Users Country Flag
    I couldn't agree more!! I also find the Forester, CX-5, Rav4, XTrail, Skoda and Hyundai all ugly looking cars. I would love to know what feedback they acquire from consumers like us, before they actually go with a particular design!! I've gone from Tiguan to Mercedes (C300) and now back to Tiguan. Apart from being a really great car, it looks, in my opinion, spectacular!! Can't wait for it to arrive hopefully before September, 2021!!

I come from a Kia stinger and a merc a45 before that. It has zero balls. I’ve lowered mine and blacked out everything chrome to make it more appealing. Maybe when I get an exhaust and some 21’s I’ll like it more

Do I like it.. not really it’s just a car, the thing that annoys me most is the sensors they are way to sensitive and every time you park 50 things are beeping at you

With 2 small ones and a massive pram we have to buy a roof box now to fit everything when we go away. I wish I got the all space for a bigger boot area

Haven’t serviced mine yet so can’t comment on costs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_e_fresh View Post

Do I like it.. not really it’s just a car, the thing that annoys me most is the sensors they are way to sensitive and every time you park 50 things are beeping at you
    Which can be turned off
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Which can be turned off
    Correct but they are still sensitive

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_e_fresh View Post
    Correct but they are still sensitive
    Better that than hearing a bang and a hole in the wallet
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I just had an update on my Tiguan. Looks like I wont get it now until late January 2022, Almost 8 months since ordering

Users Country Flag

Corona related delays?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast