Thread: 2021 Discover Pro 9.2 features

Users Country Flag

2021 Discover Pro 9.2 features

I refer specifically to my May build 2021 Elegance 162TSI

A number of features in the Discover Pro 9.2 are absent from those I have seen in reviews, videos etc making me wonder if the unit fitted to our Australian model is somehow 'dumbed down' or are we just getting a cheaper version.

No 12h/24h time setting option
    No internal memory jutebox for storing music
    No SD card input
    ... and no doubt other features that I'm unaware of that other units have.

Is there potential for feature updates, for matters not hardware dependent?
    MY21 Tiguan 162 TSI Elegance Night Shade Blue 7sp DSG

Are you sure the reviews you have seen are for the MIB3 version and not the MIB2.5? There is not much visual difference.
    The time settings need to be activated via coding from 24 hr default -

Change clock display from 24 hour format to am/pm
    Adaptation
    Control unit: 17 Dashboard
    Name: Units adjusted
    Values: Time:
    Old value: 24h
    New value: 12h AM_PM

From my understanding there is no option for internal loaded media, this has to be accessed externally via wifi, bluetooth or USB C.
    Which comes to the lack of SD card inputs??? You have not been left short here as the MIB3 now classes this as an obsolete input.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 21-09-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    to get to the 12/24hr option, you need to go to System Settings > Configuration Wizard and in Time and Date you can select 12hrs...it make absolute no sense and i stumbled across it after also complain about it

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty182 View Post
    to get to the 12/24hr option, you need to go to System Settings > Configuration Wizard and in Time and Date you can select 12hrs...it make absolute no sense and i stumbled across it after also complain about it
    Thanks for that.
    Yes it doesn't make any sense as to why they removed the option in the Time setting menu like it was in other versions.
    Now showing my preferred 12h display.

As for the lack of an SD card to hold my music files I ended up getting the smallest physical size USB C memory stick I could find and I just leave that plugged in. I bought this one;
    Shintaro 32Gb Usb-C Otg Pocket Disk Drive - Works With Usb-C Usb Type-C Usb-A Usb 3.0 Sh-Rc32Gb

The double end meant I could load up the files from my PC and then plug the USB C end into the car and being as small as it is it's not too noticeable or intrusive.

Users Country Flag
    and you can use the USB C key to update your maps. do you have have the 2021 maps installed? mine came with 2020 maps until i upgraded them.
    the other pain in the a55 thing is you cant upload radio station logos.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty182 View Post
    and you can use the USB C key to update your maps. do you have have the 2021 maps installed? mine came with 2020 maps until i upgraded them.
    the other pain in the a55 thing is you cant upload radio station logos.
    In preparation prior to collecting the vehicle the other week I downloaded the Aust maps. I see all the files are dated 9 Mar 2021.

My System Information shows;
    Device part number : 3g50.....C (I'm unsure if this is a confidential number or otherwise)
    Hardware : H56
    Software : 0782
    Navigation database : 20.3
    Media codec : 3.1.4
    Radio database :

I assume the missing radio station logos accounts for nothing showing in the Radio database field.
    Is 20.3 for the Navigation database telling me they are the March 2020 maps and therefore what I've downloaded will be newer?

Finally have you been able to find out if the "For your own safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times." nag display wanting you to OK it, to clear it, can be turned off permanently?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RGE View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Yes it doesn't make any sense as to why they removed the option in the Time setting menu like it was in other versions.
    Now showing my preferred 12h display.

As for the lack of an SD card to hold my music files I ended up getting the smallest physical size USB C memory stick I could find and I just leave that plugged in. I bought this one;
    Shintaro 32Gb Usb-C Otg Pocket Disk Drive - Works With Usb-C Usb Type-C Usb-A Usb 3.0 Sh-Rc32Gb

The double end meant I could load up the files from my PC and then plug the USB C end into the car and being as small as it is it's not too noticeable or intrusive.
    An even smaller one that I got so it didnt get damaged if it gets bumped when putting a phone on the charge pad It sticks up 18mm only

UTHAI C12 Type C OTG USB3.0 Flash Drive USB C Pen Drive Smart Phone Memory MINI Usb Stick 32GB 64G|USB Flash Drives| - AliExpress
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 22-09-2021 at 04:22 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    In preparation prior to collecting the vehicle the other week I downloaded the Aust maps. I see all the files are dated 9 Mar 2021.

Device part number : 3g50.....C (I'm unsure if this is a confidential number or otherwise)
    Radio database :

I assume the missing radio station logos accounts for nothing showing in the Radio database field.
    Is 20.3 for the Navigation database telling me they are the March 2020 maps and therefore what I've downloaded will be newer?

Finally have you been able to find out if the "For your own safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times." nag display wanting you to OK it, to clear it, can be turned off permanently?

Yes 20.3 means March 2020. Read my prev posts on another thread re updating the maps, but you need to leave it plugged in for a good while while it updates in the background.

i dont think you can cancel it as its a safety requirement...but im only guessing

Users Country Flag

Radio database :

Yes you can (should be able to) turn it off with an OBDEleven
    Heres how
    Module 5F
    Coding
    Byte 23
    Initial Disclaimer
    Legal Disclaimer
    Change both to OFF
    Press green button.

Remove dipped headlight nagscreen in AID
    09 Central Electrics
    Security Code 31347 before doing anything
    Go to
    Aussenlicht Uebergrifend Fahrlichtwarnung_ Hineweis_Konfig

Change Hineweis_in_LDS_Stellung_Null_und_SL to Kein_Hineweis

Press the green button

Unzip your map to a USB C stick and put it in the car in about 15-30 mins it will upgrade the map but not tell you anything.
    So go to the system information and it should read 21.2. Cant do radio logos world wide except via Carnet
    Remember to pull bonnet lock before using an OBDEleven or VCDS.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 22-09-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

if you don't have an OBDEleven, a temporary way not to get the message (which works for me) is to turn off the radio (and display the clock) before you turn the car off.
    When I restart the car, the clock comes on and I just drive away. When I turn the radio back on, I'm not prompted with that message.
    Like I said, its a dodgy temp solution, and it does work for me, but half the time i don't remember to turn off my radio so i get prompted next time i start the car.