Quote Originally Posted by 909OGO View Post
Hi, I have a Skoda Kodiaq 132TSI which has the same running gear as the Tiguan 132TSI, lately been doing research on the tuning side of things and came across this thread. From what I can gather our cars has the EA888 Gen 3B Budack cycle engine which is the low output of the Gen 3.

The factory turbocharger found on the Gen 3B engine isn't made by IHI nor IS20 in this regard, its actually made by Continental using their RAAX design, part No. 06K 145 654 K. The main difference for the Gen 3B family engine is it has the valvelift system applied on the intake side where as the Gen 3 has it on the exhaust side which is more tuneable and make more power, ours are designed for higher-efficiency. The Gen 3B has an increase of the compression ratio from 9.6 (Gen 3) to 11.7 by decreasing the combustion chamber volume.

I am slowly getting all the parts to go stage 2 once the remaining warranty runs out on the car, good to see you had great results and I will be watching this space for further updates, thanks.
Tell me more… I have a 2022 Kodiaq 132 sportline. I fitted a race chip I had from my 162 Tiguan. Noticed improvement. I fitted a mk7 IE catted down pipe with a Xforce sensor spacer It’s better power but sounds like rubbish on cold start. after a few weeks it’s just thrown a engine light. I’ll check the cause with vcds but I’m thinking tune is the real fix. I was reluctant to do it as I got 7 year service and Warrenty but I’m missing to power the Tiguan had….and I don’t like the engine light.