Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the Passat such a lemon.....................

Users Country Flag

Why is the Passat such a lemon.....................

Ok let me start by saying over all, its a great car, but a lemon at the same time.

We brought a brand new, MY18.5 Passat Alltrack, with the 7sp DSG gearbox.

First 5K kilometers, no issue.

Then the interior started to rattle squeak and creak like a 100 year old man, back to VW to rectify as much as they could, seamed OK for a whole but over the next 25k it just got worse. I have managed to stop most of the interior creaks by the liberal use of PTFE spray between all the plastic panels etc. However the doors, the dam things just SUCK balls, vibrate at different speeds, road etc. I have not been able to fix these.

The suspension bushes have had to be fixed as they squeak on all road conditions, was told they needed to be re-lubricated.

Front drive shafts needs to be greased due to the know dry spline issue on all VWs.

The door rubbers, no matter what you use and how you apply it, squeek after about two weeks.

Rear hatch, squeeks when you go in and out of driveways, no matter what you do with it, how you lubricate it, how its adjusted.

Not there is oil leaking at the back of the turbo.

I mean WTF VW.

We also have a Touareg and that thing is bullet proof.

Speaking to the services adviser, a new guy who seams to be a bit more honest, stated that the B8 passat has had noting but interior and fit finish issues since new and its one of their most complained about car.

Has anyone had similar issue.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    We’ve got two B8’s - guessing we must be lucky with ours.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WogsRus View Post
    Ok let me start by saying over all, its a great car, but a lemon at the same time.

Then the interior started to rattle squeak and creak like a 100 year old man, back to VW to rectify as much as they could, seamed OK for a whole but over the next 25k it just got worse. I have managed to stop most of the interior creaks by the liberal use of PTFE spray between all the plastic panels etc. However the doors, the dam things just SUCK balls, vibrate at different speeds, road etc. I have not been able to fix these.

The suspension bushes have had to be fixed as they squeak on all road conditions, was told they needed to be re-lubricated.

Front drive shafts needs to be greased due to the know dry spline issue on all VWs.

The door rubbers, no matter what you use and how you apply it, squeek after about two weeks.

Rear hatch, squeeks when you go in and out of driveways, no matter what you do with it, how you lubricate it, how its adjusted.

I mean WTF VW.

Speaking to the services adviser, a new guy who seams to be a bit more honest, stated that the B8 passat has had noting but interior and fit finish issues since new and its one of their most complained about car.

Thanks
    Dont take it off the tar seal I had an ordinary B7 and it creaked going over a rough driveway but nowhere else
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    My Wolfy has done 35k over 17 mths and the only rattle I get is when my sunglasses vibrate in the holder (they really should've lined that with something soft). Other than that and it has felt as solid as a rock since new with build quality equal to the best I've ever had.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    We have 7 Vdubs in family and nobody complains, no squeaks or rattles in our cars.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WogsRus View Post

I mean WTF VW.

Thanks
    Rattles quite a lot as Australian roads are so bad.

The only way to get rid of it was to take the technician for a test drive and show him where it was and how it happened.

Then the dealer replaced the panels or parts. Only the new parts and refit would solve the issues. Lubricant did not do anything or wouldn't last long.

I still have a boot cover not retracting into half everytime I open the boot. I am planning to ask the dealer to replace the cover and the mechanisms some day.

Had sunroof rattles and the dealer did a job on it. It still rattles sometimes but endurable.

Finger crossed.

It is a German Toyota not a Japanese Lexus tho.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Been there done that, the issue we have is that the dealer really needs to drive the car for a week to hear all the rattles as they happen on different roads, different temperatures etc.

Users Country Flag
    Tell me about it, my sunroof is still making noise, been to dealer 9 times now, about to be 10.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Wow done 33k in mine and no issues whatsoever. I can't imagine why you have all the interior noises as mine feels quiote solid and occaisionaly my phone charger cable bumps against the console and makes a noise but thats it.
    Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition My18

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Westy View Post
    Wow done 33k in mine and no issues whatsoever. I can't imagine why you have all the interior noises as mine feels quiote solid and occaisionaly my phone charger cable bumps against the console and makes a noise but thats it.
    Well your dry clutch might need to be replaced soon...

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast