Thread: VW Discover Pro 8.2 upgrade to 9.2 half baked

Users Country Flag

VW Discover Pro 8.2 upgrade to 9.2 half baked

Hi Guys,
    Long time lurker and got advised from a friend to post here to see if there are any suggestions.

Anyway my car is a VW Passat All Track Wfsbrg model 2017. It came factory installed with the Discover pro 8.2" (Unit with the matte screen and knobs on each side with short cut buttons) and recently found a Discover pro 9.2" head unit from another alltrack from the wreckers. (Unit with the glass screen and capactive buttons everywhere)

Today i took it into Epping Bayford VW which have been great to me since my first tiguan back in 2015 and they happily took it into remove component protection. I ended up getting a call telling me that the head unit had good news and bad news with the work.
    Good news, we removed component proteciton without any issues or bricks! YAY!
    Bad news, Bluetooth, App connect and Voice somehow asks for activation.

They mentioned to me that they wouldhave pulled the same config from VAS online through vw they believe that config was specifically for the previous headunit and not for my newer mk7.5 model.

So currently things that work
    -Radio
    - Navigation (stuck on Navigation data in infortainment sys not valid, i assume this is a simple update via an SD card, currently downloading as writing this post)
    - Media playback via usb/ AUX (untested, but it seems to go into those screens without issue
    - climate control
    - vehicale settings such as personalisation, lights, closing opening etc no issues and settings did not seem to reset when headunits transfered.

Photos here: VW Passat Discover Pro issues - Google Photos

Would be great if anyone can give me any ideas on what to do from here, im looking at contacting a third party mech to do it, alternatively if anyone in Melbourne is willing to help out happy to pay you for your time and tools!

Users Country Flag

They need to restore the fec licenses.
    This is Odis 101.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500