Thread: Volkswagen Passat sedan, Arteon facing the axe

Users Country Flag

Volkswagen Passat sedan, Arteon facing the axe

Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 30-11-2020 at 10:19 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

I don't know about the Arteon but the Passat is still there in Europe and Aus. No diesel version though. Also getting an updated R36 version, an Alltrack, a sedan, so most of the goods there except the diesel.

New Volkswagen Passat pricing revealed - carsales.com.au

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    2021 VW Passat pricing and specs detailed: New engine and tech for Mazda 6 rival | CarsGuide

2021 Volkswagen Passat range arrives with fresh line-up | CarAdvice

Well, sn809 if it's the last hurrah for the Passat sedan at least we'll still be getting it and it'll go out in style!
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag
    By the sounds there might be one more Passat wagon generation in 2023 but will it come to Oz? Anyway I agree the 2021 lineup looks great. Could be time to update the 206TSI..........or wait and see if the Arteon R heads our way?
    VW Passat 206TSI Wagon - Lapiz Blue - Sunroof
    VW Polo GTI - Black Pearl - Sunroof

I believe the EV version of the Passat wagon or the Arteon shooting brake would be great. Lets see what they get upto after ID3, 4

Users Country Flag
    That's good news about the Passat in Australia, but I can't see whether the 206 is 4 Motion or not?
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Good to see Volkswagen Australia have updated their website with preliminary information on the incoming variants of the Passat. Now what about the Arteon?!
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 06-02-2021 at 07:03 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

It seems that the ICE cars are starting to get cut back as the Golf has been given the chop in the US. None of this is surprising as VW are converting production lines at a very fast rate.

That's It, Volkswagen Golf Officially Ends Production For US Market.

VW Starts ID.3 Production at Transparent Factory

VW Launches Pilot Plant for Recycling EV Batteries

The European legislation forcing companies to abandon ICE sales in Europe is starting to have a huge effect it seems and they are scared spitless trying to avoid the fines that would be imposed if they fail fleet emission targets. Where that leaves countries such as Oz who will depend on ICE powered vehicles is yet to be seen but hybrids are most probably the answer for those who can't get by with an BEV.