Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Cockpit Instrument Cluster Upgrade on MY16 Passat Completed

Users Country Flag

Virtual Cockpit Instrument Cluster Upgrade on MY16 Passat Completed

The Passat B8 Cluster Upgrade has been successfully completed now by Euro Car Upgrades for Stu.

Users Country Flag
    *drools* *orders a new AllTrack*

Users Country Flag
    Is there any risk of any lag occurring in the new cluster?

Users Country Flag
    If you rely on the digital speedo on the current cluster, why should this one have lag? If anything, an electronic tacho should have a faster reaction than a mechanical/electrical needle. Enough to see a difference? I doubt it

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASR36 View Post
    Is there any risk of any lag occurring in the new cluster?
    This one works on Fibre Optics so risk is minimal as Eaglehawk mentioned. Its the fastest possible system Audi / VW uses.

Some people prefer analogue but this one looks awesome on a Passat when you put it side to side.

Installation was a hard one, especially the coding. All the modules speak to the bloody thing and need to be recoded.

Users Country Flag
    Looks awesome. Wish they offered this as an option. I reckon they'll be available with the new 206TSI when it arrives.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro Car Upgrades View Post
    This one works on Fibre Optics so risk is minimal as Eaglehawk mentioned. Its the fastest possible system Audi / VW uses.

Some people prefer analogue but this one looks awesome on a Passat when you put it side to side.

Installation was a hard one, especially the coding. All the modules speak to the bloody thing and need to be recoded.

how accurate is this? I am interested in seeing any photos of fibre optic to the cluster! -no sarcasm intended.
    Can anybody point me into the right direction?
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

The fibre optic connects to the back of the cluster. This is for speed of communication.
    Virtual Cockpit Instrument Cluster Upgrade on MY16 Passat Completed-img_5092-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Thanks mate. I see the two ports. Really needed to see it to believe it.

Pretty silly though for optical to current conversion from ECU/BCM to cluster, twisted paid copper can transmit at approx 40gbs less than 35 meters! Signal transmission speed wouldn't be much different with the correct copper conductors - the cluster would also be cheaper to manufacture.

Just off topic and my 2 cents!

You sound like you should be the head of engineering at VW, maybe the quality of the make would improve and we would not have diesel gate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast