Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Tweaks

VCDS Tweaks

I thought I would create a VCDS Thread for the B8.

The VCDS Mods I've tried/enabled so far are -

- Enable Traffic Information
    - Permanently disabled Stop/Start
    - Traffic Sign Recognition, but I disabled it again because the signage in Australia (Perth) and the Nav data overlap is not so good, so the system errors out on occasion and it bugged me.

What I still want to do

- Make the alarm chirp when you lock the door (models with Alarm only)
    - Anything else that sounds cool

Happy to share how-to's if anyone is interested.

What VCDS Mods have you done or want to do to your B8 that you know about?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Note that some of the MQB tweaks for the Golf 7 will work, but not all as there are still differences between some modules.

Here are some that I've come across:

Rain closing:

The following coding must be used:

1. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
    2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
    3. Enter free code 31347
    4. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
    (14) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Regenschliessen auswählen Wert auf permanent anpassen

6. Set value to permanently

7. (26) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen auswählen
    8. Value to active

9. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
    10. Select STG - RLS (rain and light sensor)
    11. Byte 0
    12. Activate bit 1
    13. Activate bit 2

Enable pointer / needle / staging (needle sweep)
    In the gearshift lever insert, you have the option to activate the Zeigertest / the wiper / the staging of the Kombiinstrument with the VW Passat B8. When starting, all hands in the AI ​​go back briefly to the stop and back to the basic position again. Possible for the new Active Info Display (Virtual Cockpit) as well as for the conventional monochrome version.

1. Select STG 17 (control panel)
    2. STG coding -> function 10
    3. Byte 1
    4. Activate bit 0

Sunroof (SAD) - Panoramadach Activate comfort openings via key
    The VW Passat B8 allows you to open the built-in glass panorama roof (sunroof - SAD) automatically when you press and hold the radio remote control on the unlocking button in addition to the opening windows. When the vehicle is locked, the panoramic sliding roof is also closed together with the windows. If, during a service action by the dealer, the comfort function of the opening and closing has been deactivated, this can be restored.

1. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
    2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
    3. Enter access code 31347
    4. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
    5. Channel (10) access control Select 2-SAD Comfort close
    6. Set value to active
    7. Channel (11) access control 2-SAD Comfort open
    8. Set value to active

Auto hold release speed

1. Select STG 03 (Brake electronics)
    2. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
    3. Select dynamic start-up assistant
    4. value can be adapted accordingly

(default: normal)

Early - brake is released quickly and requires very little gas (shudderis no longer perceptible)
    Normal - Factory Default (perceptible jerk when starting)
    late - brake can late going and only with relatively large amount of gas (strong jerk when Start)

Alarm beep on lock / unlock (from VW GTI mk7 forum)
    Go into [09] Central Electronics
    Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
    Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
    (1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
    (2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
    Set one or both to on if you wish.
    Then set the following to "on"
    Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
    This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    This will turn on the outer ring of the rear LED lights with you DRL's

Rear lights outer LED rings as DRL

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
    Security access
    Access Code 31347
    Adaptation
    Leuchte16 - Lightfunction D16 change from non-active to Daylight running lights
    Leuchte17 - Lightfunction D17 change from non-active to Daylight running lights

Users Country Flag
    Enable Traffic Information (TMC)

Step 1. On "Select Control Module" option click "Select"
    Step 2. Select "5F-information Elect"
    Step 3. Select "Adaptation"
    Step 4. Using pull-down menu, select "Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC)" channel (it's about 20% down the channel list)
    Step 5. Enter "1024" into "New Value" box and click "Do It!" tab.
    Step 6. Click the "Yes" tab in the "Re-code Invalid" screen if it pops up. (mine didn't).
    Step 7. When the screen in Step 5 returns, click "Add to log" to record a copy of the change report.
    Step 8. Click "Go Back" (in Step 5 screen) and exit the VCDS software

Finally, after the changes above have been made, it's a good idea (I think) to reset the infotainment unit as follows: Press the on/off button on the radio until the unit switches off and keep holding down the button until the unit switches on again

Please note the following after the tweak has been completed:
    1. For TMC to work, "TP" and "RDS" need to be activated in the set-up menu for the radio
    2. It may take some time for the new facility to be established and for the initial set of traffic reports to be downloaded. In my case, the wait time was less than a minute, but others have reported longer times, in some cases hours.

Users Country Flag
    If you want to be able to select your DRL's as on or off in the "CAR"menu.

Enable/Disable DRLs using "Car" Menu

The following coding is used:
    1 Select STG 09 (Cent. Elect.)
    2.Select STG 16 (Security Access)
    3. Enter Code 31347
    4. click "Do it!" tab
    5. Select STG 10 (Adaption)
    6 -Select (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich

Thanks for the alarm chirp on lock thing. I had done this but completely missed the step where you have to turn it on in the Settings->Car Menu. Doh!
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Great thread. Hopefully will get a chance to contribute very soon for a 206 R-Line

Are any of you by chance using an OBDeleven?

Users Country Flag
    Would be interested if there is any way to enable coasting function in the Individual mode (only available in Eco mode).

2017 206 TSi R-Line

Anyone in Melbourne happy to help with a few tweaks? For a case of beer?
    Took delivery of a 206 wagon and want things like TMC and Sunroof comfort opening/closing enabled.
    PM me if able to help. Thanks.

Users Country Flag

^^^^^^^^^^^ hmm............ lots of "cross-fertilization" of the tweak instructions that are described in detail in the mk7 section of this forum and some of those that have been (largely) copied here! Not surprising given that both the later versions of the Passat and the Golf mk7 share the same build platform (MBQ), and I'm not complaining- I view the replication as the sincerest form of flattery (albeit attribution is a nice thing to have IMO)!!

But, just to save time and to make the process more efficient - it's much easier to simply find the instructions for your tweaks HERE - I suspect many of these will be the same!

Finally, for those that have opted for an OBD11 dongle (instead of VCDS), you can find a range of (mostly) suitable tweak instructions for your Passat HERE - again, no need to copy-and-paste the dialogue here!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 07-04-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast