Thread: Ceramic or Polish

Users Country Flag

Ceramic or Polish

What do people here use to keep their ride sparkling?
    My 2017 Wagon in Tungsten Silver is not looking like it was 2 years ago.Its washed and polished regularly and garaged but I cant get it shining like new again.Im a very fussy person when it come to my car and also a perfectionist.
    Who do you beleive on social media about what to use? Id appreciate any help from this forum on what is best without spending heaps of dollars to get there.
    Steve

Users Country Flag
    “Polish” is a process of using abrasives to improve a surface finish. Personally, I haven’t polished a car in years.

surface treatments - like wax, polymer sealants etc - they are another story altogether.

Both my wife’s and my VW’s were ceramic coated at the dealership prior to delivery - sealing the surface and allegedly removing the need to treat with surface protecting treatments. However I still protect the surfaces a few times a year using an easy to apply Autoglym protectant.

if you are considering moving to one of the commercially applied sealants at this age of the vehicle, I would recommend you spend the money on professional paint restoration/correction followed by sealant. A sealant won’t fix surface imperfections - it may disguise them to some small degree, but that is all at best.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteryman1961 View Post
    What do people here use to keep their ride sparkling?
    My 2017 Wagon in Tungsten Silver is not looking like it was 2 years ago.Its washed and polished regularly and garaged but I cant get it shining like new again.Im a very fussy person when it come to my car and also a perfectionist.
    Who do you beleive on social media about what to use? Id appreciate any help from this forum on what is best without spending heaps of dollars to get there.
    If you are super fussy the only way to go is a full paint correction with a ceramic coating applied afterward

It's not cheap but your car will look and remain looking better than new

I got mine done as soon as i picked it up from the dealer straight to the detailer for a paint correction and pomponazzi xx glass coat 18 months later still looks great and super glossy
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys,it all comes down to the $$$$ and how bad you want your wheels to look,ill do some investigating to see what I can get done.

Steve
    Steve

Users Country Flag

DA polisher --- DIY
    CarPro CQuartz UK Edition 3.0 --- DIY
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit