Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS/OBDEleven enable traffic jam assist?

Users Country Flag

VCDS/OBDEleven enable traffic jam assist?

Does anybody know how to enable traffic jam assist using VCDS or OBDEleven (I have OBDEleven) on a Passat 206TSI R-Line? I haven't found any instructions on here or any other forums...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
    Does anybody know how to enable traffic jam assist using VCDS or OBDEleven (I have OBDEleven) on a Passat 206TSI R-Line? I haven't found any instructions on here or any other forums...
    ? The adaptive cruise control does this already. When it is going the car stops and starts in traffic jams by itself. Either hit resume or the accelerator if the stop is more than 3 secs and it goes again. I just change the following distance to low as well on the steering wheel control.
    What is the difference between this and traffic jam assist?
    Now: MY16 VW Passat 206TSI R-Line 4motion
    Before: MY14 Skoda Octavia VRS TDI Manual, MY10 Skoda Scout TDI manual

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    My understanding is that with the traffic jam assist function, it enables steering assistance (the car steering itself) at low speeds.

My understanding is that with the traffic jam assist function, it enables steering assistance (the car steering itself) at low speeds.
    Your correct TJA allow the adaptive lane guidance to operate at lower speeds and I believe the ACC will restart after standstill after a longer duration. With ACC and Lane assist the ACC operates at low speeds (requiring manual intervention after 3 seconds of standstill). Lane assist cuts out below 35mph.

I've been looking for a way to activate TJA for sometime now but no success. If anyone is able to do this I'd be very keen to hear!

Users Country Flag
    has your car got 'adaptive lane guidance'?

if you don't know, have a look in the Driver Assitance settings in the settings (not the quick-access driver assistance menu. in the settings). there will be a tickbox for adaptive lane guidance below the lane assist tickbox.

Yes, I was able to enable adaptive lane guidance using my OBDEleven. It is available in the menu and works as expected.

Users Country Flag
    so, does traffic jam assist work on your car then?

i thought TJA = ALG + ACC
    i.e. if you have ALG (adaptive lane guidance) working, then TJA would work.

No, I'm pretty certain the ALG is only active at high speed. Traffic Jam Assist enables ALG at low speed.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chris320 View Post
    Your correct TJA allow the adaptive lane guidance to operate at lower speeds and I believe the ACC will restart after standstill after a longer duration. With ACC and Lane assist the ACC operates at low speeds (requiring manual intervention after 3 seconds of standstill). Lane assist cuts out below 35mph.

I've been looking for a way to activate TJA for sometime now but no success. If anyone is able to do this I'd be very keen to hear!
    chris: Hi. I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have a suggestion that will only work if there is sufficient community participation.

As I understand, Traffic Jam assist is just a combination of Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control operating together at the lower speeds. Obviously the software for this extended application needs to be in the control modules, but my reading from HERE suggests that to enable the function, a Byte/Bit needs to be set in the module @ address hexA5 (i.e. the front camera which VW calls R242 and which VCDS calls Frt Sens. Drv. Assist and OBD11 calls Front Sensors Driver Assistance System.).

So, if there is sufficient community interest in discovering the software switch for Traffic Jam Assist, we need to get the code-string from an A5 module for a car that has Traffic Jam Assist and the code-string from an A5 module for a car without Traffic Jam Assist operating. The rest is easy!

Don

edit: I've loaded the label file from the link above into the long coding helper application - but it's not helpful in identifying the pertinent Bit for TJA. Here's the Lane Assist Byte for A5 (take no notice of the code-string in the picture- I just used random numbers):

As I said above, I suspect that we will need the with/without code-strings to make sense of this matter
    Last edited by DV52; 24-07-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Ring VW and ask them why it is not enabled, the more people who do that the better. You will be put off with BS answers but pursue it because VW are simply stonewalling on the subject. Traffic Jam Assist

VWNZ have now begun updating vehicles which will be a source of the coding needs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast