Thread: USB Installation

Users Country Flag

Question USB Installation

Hey guys,Im the proud owner of a 2017 Passat comfortline Wagon diesel.Im just curious if anyone out there has had any USB ports installed as extras in your car? With cameras and phone chargers etc using USB......Has anyone had any ports installed,Im interested in maybe one in the interior light housing for my dash cam,thats 1.Maybe 1 or 2 also somewhere in the console,apart from the 1 inside the console lid.If you use the 12V socket with the ports on,it looks pretty crook.Im on Sydneys northern beaches and if anyone has any idreas....Im open
    Thank you
    Last edited by mysteryman1961; 29-07-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    Steve

Users Country Flag
    Remember USB are only 5 V so just buy the BaseUS plugin one for the ciggy socket. You can get them with USB , MicroUSB and USBC in them

About $8 on ALiExpress
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Remember USB are only 5 V so just buy the BaseUS plugin one for the ciggy socket. You can get them with USB , MicroUSB and USBC in them

About $8 on ALiExpress

I have the ciggy plug....but it leaves the slide cover open,thats what Im trying to eliminate.I have my dash cam, cord tucked into the A pillar trim and down under the dash and glove box,and then up into the plug in the little area there. The USB socket in the centre console I use for the Android Auto and apps. Im just trying to tidy it up a bit.......Im a cord hater,I like it all neat and tidy.
    Thanks anyway for your reply.
    Steve

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryman1961 View Post
    I have the ciggy plug....but it leaves the slide cover open,thats what Im trying to eliminate.I have my dash cam, cord tucked into the A pillar trim and down under the dash and glove box,and then up into the plug in the little area there. The USB socket in the centre console I use for the Android Auto and apps. Im just trying to tidy it up a bit.......Im a cord hater,I like it all neat and tidy.
    Thanks anyway for your reply.
    I think there are other units on Aliexpress that may fit your needs so have a look

Hope you ran the cable BEHIND the airbag in the A pillar

I also hate cords but you cant really see the cover in my car but yes you can in the Passat
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan