Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunroof rattle noise

Users Country Flag

They revised it, it's not an issue in the newer ones (unless you get one that was fitted with old stock frame ha) Vexed, your car is in warranty just get it done, but check everything

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    They revised it, it's not an issue in the newer ones (unless you get one that was fitted with old stock frame ha) Vexed, your car is in warranty just get it done, but check everything
    Thanks mate, I have dropped the car this morning... Fingers crossed.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    My car was with the dealer for 5 days when they fitted a new frame, not sure if it was the revised frame or not but at first I didn't hear any noise at all but now the noise came back a bit, not as bad as before, just that squealing noise when the frame touches the headliner.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    I have got my car back today, they replaced the sunroof cassette, the noise is completely gone (for good I hope). They didn't scratch anything, but the car was filthy, they had to clean the marks off the roof lining while I waited...

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    I have got my car back today, they replaced the sunroof cassette, the noise is completely gone (for good I hope). They didn't scratch anything, but the car was filthy, they had to clean the marks off the roof lining while I waited...
    Which dealer that fixed your sunroof? Has the noise come back? In my case it was gone at first but came back in different area.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Which dealer that fixed your sunroof? Has the noise come back? In my case it was gone at first but came back in different area.
    Alto Artarmon... So far, it has been around 5 days, no signs of the noise coming back... Fingers crossed

Users Country Flag
    Alto Artarmon... So far, it has been around 5 days, no signs of the noise coming back... Fingers crossed

Nice I got fitted at Alto Pennant Hills , make sure they have fitted it properly without damaging side secure clips as happened on mine (when I found out later) . And make sure they clean the roof liner AND water drainage as well as part of the service where mine leaks along the A-Pillars.

Pretty happy as I got an brand new A3 loan car for more than week during repair.

Did not happen on the A4 I guess different frame (in size) but mine does squeaks from time to time (cold & hot expansion). I asked the dealer put more lubricants on rails and seals.
    Last edited by skodian; 19-09-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Alto Artarmon as in Audi Alto? Will they fix VW though?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Alto Artarmon as in Audi Alto? Will they fix VW though?
    Yes, the Audi service centre, they take care of Skoda's. Not sure about VW (since North Shore VW is next door, my past experience with them wasn't great)... You can give them a call though, they have been very helpful.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skodian View Post
    Nice I got fitted at Alto Pennant Hills , make sure they have fitted it properly without damaging side secure clips as happened on mine (when I found out later) . And make sure they clean the roof liner AND water drainage as well as part of the service where mine leaks along the A-Pillars.

Pretty happy as I got an brand new A3 loan car for more than week during repair.

Did not happen on the A4 I guess different frame (in size) but mine does squeaks from time to time (cold & hot expansion). I asked the dealer put more lubricants on rails and seals.
    I'm not sure where the side secure clips are, but I will take a look... I ran the hose with a bit of water pressure over and around the sunroof and I couldn't spot any leakage.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast