Thread: Stage 1 tune for Passat Alltrack 140TDI Wofie

Users Country Flag

Stage 1 tune for Passat Alltrack 140TDI Wofie

Hey guys,

Looking to hear opinions for stage 1 tune for the 140TDI. keen to hear people's experience, pros and cons, long term experiences etc. also would like to know fuel economy if there is an increase or decrese. Bonus points for those that have a place to recomend in Melbourne!

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Underground Performance in Melbourne. You will generally get slightly improved economy (0.5-1.0L per 100km) as the extra power and torque means the engine does not have to work as hard to pull the car along.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Underground Performance in Melbourne. You will generally get slightly improved economy (0.5-1.0L per 100km) as the extra power and torque means the engine does not have to work as hard to pull the car along.
    Thanks for that! Would you recommend it? Any drawbacks and if i want to return back to stock can i? / do i need to take it back to them?

TIA!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shonggie View Post
    Thanks for that! Would you recommend it? Any drawbacks and if i want to return back to stock can i? / do i need to take it back to them?

TIA!
    They are the best (or one of the best) in the business for VW tuning in Melbourne. Give them a call and have a chat.

If you want to return to stock, then it would require a visit back to them to put the stock tune back onto the car. The only local tuner that allows a DIY tune and DIY return to stock program is Tarmac Engineering in QLD. They send out a hand controller which you plug into the cars diagnostic port to tune the car. Its a more involved process (and slower) but allows you the flexibility to return to stock in your own driveway.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Bump on this, spoken to a few friends and they swayed me away, want to hear some unbiased opinions about stage 1 on a TDI! mainly concerned about engine wear over time, friends mentioned to me that i will kill the life of my car by going stage 1. prove them wrong?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shonggie View Post
    Bump on this, spoken to a few friends and they swayed me away, want to hear some unbiased opinions about stage 1 on a TDI! mainly concerned about engine wear over time, friends mentioned to me that i will kill the life of my car by going stage 1. prove them wrong?
    With all due respect they don’t know what they are talking about. Stage 1 tunes are developed to be completely safe and within the capabilities of the standard engine/turbo/intercooler etc.

Diesel engines are inherently very strong engines anyway. In most cases with a diesel a stage 1 tune will only add a few psi more of boost, and the rest of the gains come from timing and fuelling changes.

My diesel Audi SQ5 ran 32-33psi stock and now after a stage 1 tune its 34-35psi. My average fuel consumption improved by about 1.0-1.2L and the car has more torque and more eagerness than before.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST