Thread: Retrofitting dynaudio

Retrofitting dynaudio

Hi All

Just signed on for an MY16 Passat 132tsi Comfortline, black on black

Only option i'd have over standard fitment is Dynaudio. Speaker packs are easy to come by on ebay but beyond wiring looms and coding, is there anything else required to retrofit?

Cheers
    matt
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

Users Country Flag
    You'd be doing a bit of pioneering I reckon.

Has been done in the B6 with custom wiring adaptors, and there are some pre-made wiring harnesses available from Aliexpress.
    There are harness for the Golf Excite Dynaudio retrofit but I haven't seen one for the Passat (which has more speakers, may require some different cable lengths and has a different amplifier)

However being that the B8 is still pretty new you'd most likely be in custom territory and you'll need to get hold of pinout and wiring diagrams from ELSA as I've not seem them more generally available. Plus it has optical (MOST) components so is not as easy to do custom as the previous generation.

Unless you're adventurous I'd go and talk to a reputable car audio shop and get an aftermarket solution...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

hmm thanks for the reply

I went the aftermarket route for my Mk7 GTI with a Helix PP82DSP and a subwoofer etc.. Perhaps i do the same, get their amp, my own sub into the boot floor or side of the cargo area and speakers of my own choosing or perhaps even fit the factory dynaudios
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black