Thread: Rear View Camera

Users Country Flag

Rear View Camera

I have been having trouble with the rear view camera not working. After doing a scan with OBDeleven (see data log below)

OBDeleven data log

Date: 2022-08-01 16:00

VIN:
    Car: Volkswagen Passat
    Year: 2018
    Body type: Variant
    Engine: CJXA
    Mileage: 46809 KM

---------------------------------------------------------------
    6C Rear View Camera

System description: RVC Compact
    Software number: 5Q0980556B
    Software version: 0231
    Hardware number: 5Q0980556B
    Hardware version: H12
    ODX name: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB
    ODX version: 006009
    Long coding: 0184020163002017000040

Trouble codes:
    B125C13 - Video line Open circuit
    static
    Date: 2022-07-07 09:47:53
    Mileage: 45162 km
    Priority: 5
    Malfunction frequency counter: 3
    Unlearning counter: 252
    ---: Passive

I tried to locate the trouble code B125C13 - Video line Open circuit, on the internet but could only find it associated with Audi cars, ( to do with the wiring harness going to the rear hatch ). Also when you start the car it gives the warning that Park Pilot is not working. I assume that it is the same fault as it is throwing no fault codes for the problem.

Would this be the same on the B8 VW Passat?
    Can anybody give me some advice on the subject.

Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    Wiring harness is damaged or the camera itself is faulty (more likely the former).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

I would be going with Kamold's suggestion but would focus on the coax or fakra connector due to this camera module being all in one, e.g CAN bus goes directly to the camera, and OBDeleven can still talk to it, this would rule out power, ground and CAN wiring.

As far as I can see Audi uses the same module, so the posts you found on the rear hatch would be in the right ballpark.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro