Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: ATE Ceramic Brake Pads & ATE Rotors

Users Country Flag

Will be really interested in your feedback on these. My Wolfsburg has ~40k km on the clock so I’m guessing I’ll be due for brakes soon. My wife’s Comfortline will be due soonish too.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have used ATE ceramic on another car (MC Mondeo) about 5yrs ago.
    Worked really well back then too.

So far so good.
    Just have the bed in process now and let them get a few kms...

For some reason my pictures are coming up sideways, but the biggest reason for the change was the rear drivers side rotor had corrosion on the "outside" face. Aesthetically this was not good, but it was obviously not good for the car either as the outside pad had about 2-3mm of pad left, however the inside was near perfect (6-7mm of pad). However all other pads had even wear.

A sticking caliper perhaps? Well no, as the slide pins were working fine and no evidence of a blue / overheated rotor either.

Volkswagen were not interested in a warranty claim either. They just claimed it was environmental / salt etc.
    I have been told this can occur during transport to Australia...

Anyway, I will now just enjoy dust free brakes!RE: ATE Ceramic Brake Pads & ATE Rotors-20200119_070031-jpg
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

After, still with coating on (yet to be driven) Replacement Rear Pad for reference...

RE: ATE Ceramic Brake Pads & ATE Rotors-20200119_085236-jpg
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    I have used ATE ceramic on another car (MC Mondeo) about 5yrs ago.
    Worked really well back then too.

So far so good.
    Just have the bed in process now and let them get a few kms...

For some reason my pictures are coming up sideways, but the biggest reason for the change was the rear drivers side rotor had corrosion on the "outside" face. Aesthetically this was not good, but it was obviously not good for the car either as the outside pad had about 2-3mm of pad left, however the inside was near perfect (6-7mm of pad). However all other pads had even wear.

A sticking caliper perhaps? Well no, as the slide pins were working fine and no evidence of a blue / overheated rotor either.

Volkswagen were not interested in a warranty claim either. They just claimed it was environmental / salt etc.
    I have been told this can occur during transport to Australia...

Anyway, I will now just enjoy dust free brakes!RE: ATE Ceramic Brake Pads & ATE Rotors-20200119_070031-jpg
    My left rear rotor started corroding as well so i just painted them all black. I just put down to poor factory finishing.

Another quick update.

There is no squeal or noises coming from the brakes.
    The brake pedal is nice and solid, just like the OEM brakes (which were ATE pads anyway).

And the brake dust is almost non-existent!

Rather than black dust it has a silver/gold dust that blends in with the wheels, so essentially making it appear like no dust at all!

Washing the wheels is easier too as it just sprays off without having to worry too much.

Overall, money well spent!

I hope this helps others!!!

Users Country Flag
    Did u install yourself?? How was the flush process?

Quote Originally Posted by cru22z View Post
    Did u install yourself?? How was the flush process?
    No need to flush, but we did.

I have a friend who is a BMW Master Tech and he did the work (I am not that handy...)!!!

Users Country Flag

Car just done 60k service had ate ceramics from almost new heaps of life left in pads and rotors don't even look worn

Very happy with them
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12