Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RE: 140TDI DPF with Adblue

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yet another top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 2,500kms with the warning tone / message on Start up (it actually took 12.53L this time). Interesting, the price of AdBlue still remains at 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has remained the same for well over 6yrs now...

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster) - Range now says 12,500kms.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    interesting that your prices up in QLD is that high, i paid 59c/L of add blue here in VIC. i managed to get as low as 100KM for add blue, (yes i know very dangerously low...) and i made it just in time, was really worried due to the levels being so low that it wouldhave crusted and i wouldhave been SOL. otherwise mangaged to get about 12K kms on the tank!

So just to keep this thread "alive" and on topic regarding AdBlue, there is a manufacturing shortage at the moment as most would know. Even a local manufacturer; Penrite is unable to source the vital ingredients (Urea) to complete their batch's (as told to me on the phone today). Most / if not all retailers have no stock as it has all been bought up in retail packs. Even BP (where I go) is now setting a limit of 50L to ration off the remaining amount they have. Personally, I have about 10L of AdBlue at home (12mth shelf life) and will hopefully see this through. Let's see how this pans out...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Just an update, went to the BP to get some diesel and noticed the pricing on the AdBlue pump has risen for the first time in nearly 5yrs, now 1.599$/L. Also, they only had two 1L retail packs of AdBlue for sale and they were priced at $15.99 each! Oh, price of diesel 1.679$/L...

Users Country Flag
    Conveniently just had my online adblue order cancelled, right when the warning light has come on. So i've started to call around to see who has it at the pump. A few BP and a few Shell service stations in the West of Melbourne.
    BP said the price is $2/L. Up it goes!

Users Country Flag
    Update again, BP had sold out, but found some at the Shell in Yarraville for $2.99/L!
    At least 10L gets us around 10,000km's... so hopefully this has sorted itself out by then!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bahgoogen View Post
    Update again, BP had sold out, but found some at the Shell in Yarraville for $2.99/L!
    At least 10L gets us around 10,000km's... so hopefully this has sorted itself out by then!
    Well the price has gone through the roof, but as you said, thankfully the tank only holds roughly 10 L. Im glad my SQ5 was built a few months before the AdBlue was added to the production line.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

If anyone has AdBlue in a retail bottle or in jerry can (I am Brisbane based), I have the Toledo Funnel for AdBlue - Angled Spout 1.1L.
    I have had it for many years, however yet to use it. Happy to help someone who might be in need to fill their car...

305401 - Funnels | Toledo

Yet another top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 3,500kms (it actually only needed 8.51L this time - as per the MFD). Interesting, the price of AdBlue has dropped form a recent high of $2.999 (May / June 2022) down to 1.999c/L at BP (at the pump). The availability of AdBlue has now returned and is readily available back at the Pump / Bowser and also in retail shops such as Repco / Supercheap Auto etc...

BP Ultimate Diesel was $1.91c/L today also, down from highs around $2.35c/L back in May / June 2022.

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster) - Range now says 9,500kms.

Yet another top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 2,500kms. Interesting, the price of AdBlue has dropped form a recent high of $2.999 (May / June 2022) down to 1.999c/L at BP (at the pump). The availability of AdBlue has now returned and is readily available back at the Pump / Bowser and also in retail shops such as Repco / Supercheap Auto etc...

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster) - Range now says 11,000kms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345