Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RE: 140TDI DPF with Adblue

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Here is some info from the Volkswagen UK site; AdBlue | Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) | Volkswagen UK

Interesting info regarding the AdBlue Capacity; 13 Litres (approximately)

1.89L Top Up Bottle (with Adaptor) VW Part No. G052910A2

I have tried searching but can't find a clear answer...
    Can you "top up" the AdBlue at anytime?
    Or do you have to do a complete "refill" when the first warning message appears?

Also, has anyone used an AdBlue bowser at a petrol station yet? Are they high flow nozzles or are they suitable for light vehicle applications?
    Easily done...
    I just went to BP and filled up with AdBlue at the pump.
    Around 83c/L, little slower to fill than petrol / diesel, however it just clicks off at the end also.
    Just remember to turn the ignition on for 30sec prior to starting the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster).
    Last edited by ope126; 02-12-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Just did another top-up of AdBlue as the range was down to 3,500kms and we are heading off on a 5,000km journey to Melbourne next week. Interesting, the price of AdBlue was now 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has gone up 16c/L in 2mths...

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster).
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Ah diesels and cities. Not the best of friends. The DPF issue is one of the least understood parts of diesel ownership in my experience and discussions with people. People are attracted to the claimed fuel figures, so buy a diesel. Then they hardly ever do longer trips.

Here is a link from the Volkswagen NZ website, should help you out; What is Adblue? - Volkswagen NZ

Just did a top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 2,500kms (it took 9.75L). Interesting, the price of AdBlue is still 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has remained the same for 2yrs now...

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster).

Just did a top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 3,000kms (it took 8.78L). Interesting, the price of AdBlue is still 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has remained the same for well over 2yrs now...

They also had a Penrite 1L AdBlue bottle for special at $5 (normally $19.99rrp) - WOW!!!

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster) - Range now says 9,500kms.

Yet another top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 3,000kms (it took 11.71L this time, quite alot more than in the past). Interesting, the price of AdBlue remains at 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has remained the same for well over 3yrs now...

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster) - Range now says 9,500kms.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Yet another top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 3,000kms (it took 11.71L this time, quite alot more than in the past). Interesting, the price of AdBlue remains at 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has remained the same for well over 3yrs now...

it’s an interesting myth that one, about needing to leave the ignition on for 30 seconds to register the refill of adblue. I’ve never done it and never had an issue,
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    it’s an interesting myth that one, about needing to leave the ignition on for 30 seconds to register the refill of adblue. I’ve never done it and never had an issue,
    Glad that works for you...
    I have heard a few people online have issues with the refilling of the AdBlue, causing further issues down the line such as the car not being able to start due to it not resetting properly.
    For me, I am happy to follow the manufacturers instruction and put it out there for others in case they do not read the manual...

Are you enjoying the A4? Lovely car!

Yet another top-up of AdBlue in the Wolfsburg as the range was down to 4,500kms (it only took 7.95L this time). Interesting, the price of AdBlue still remains at 99c/L at BP (at the pump). It has remained the same for well over 6yrs now...

Just always remember to turn the ignition "on" for 30sec prior to "starting" the car after topping up AdBlue (re-sets the info in cluster) - Range now says 11,500kms.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast