Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: 140TDI DPF with Adblue

Question about DPF: If you are not aware that your car is on a regen until you turn it off and the fans are howling. Are you better to restart and go for a drive or leave it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car has done 2 regens in no more then 600km is this normal also both regens I am aware of have been when car has turned off?

Think I am getting paranoid.

Users Country Flag
    Yes i think so. Had mine for 6 years Wouldnt have a clue when its done a regen and as long as it keeps going correctly I dont really care
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 18-04-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Asahi1985 View Post
    Question about DPF: If you are not aware that your car is on a regen until you turn it off and the fans are howling. Are you better to restart and go for a drive or leave it be?

Here is what appears to be some answers from VW tech support around DPF's I have found on a UK site. Maybe this will help, applies to all dpf engines.

DPF Regeneration Information - Must read for all drivers of DPF equipped cars - MkV (Mk5) Golf, Golf Plus & Jetta - uk-mkivs

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Took the car to VW today and was advised that the DPF is fine, no build up what so ever. Must have just been me not being firm enough on the brake pedal as described earlier...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Had the AdBlue topped up whilst getting the 12mth / 15,000km service today (only 5,000kms on the ODO).
    The AdBlue info has been reset and now displays 10,000kms range.
    Last edited by ope126; 21-07-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Here is some info from the Volkswagen UK site; http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/diesel/adblue

Interesting info regarding the AdBlue Capacity; 13 Litres (approximately)

1.89L Top Up Bottle (with Adaptor) VW Part No. G052910A2

I have tried searching but can't find a clear answer...
    Can you "top up" the AdBlue at anytime?
    Or do you have to do a complete "refill" when the first warning message appears?

Also, has anyone used an AdBlue bowser at a petrol station yet? Are they high flow nozzles or are they suitable for light vehicle applications?

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Also, has anyone used an AdBlue bowser at a petrol station yet? Are they high flow nozzles or are they suitable for light vehicle applications?
    Suitable for light vehicles, flow rate is no difference to a standard fuel pump. Some require a magnetic adapter applied to the end to allow for liquid flow, this is normally with the cashier. You will tell if there is nothing happening at the pump.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Also as a warning do not do a whoops put adblue in fuel tank this is even worse and more expensive that putting petrol in a diesel
    at my work (am a heavy truck driver) several drivers have done this and ruined a motor to the tune of 80k! this includes total engine rebuild and compleate replacement of fuel system from tank all the way to injectors its bad ju-ju vry corrosive
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    <snip>
    Can you "top up" the AdBlue at anytime?
    <snip>
    Yes.

You can pay a small amount at the dealers service dept, or you can fill at any fuel shop* that sells it. It's cheap stuff - pump price is around a buck a litre. I would buy from the dealer as it comes from sealed containers.

*I don't use the name "service station" anymore - no 'service' at any of them.....they are just fuel retailers these days.
    Cheers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast