Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raspy noise at 2180Rpm under load

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Did yours fail or they fixed it before failure?
    It was not failed yet, just noisy.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Raspy noise at 2180Rpm under load

Wife called me today from the weekly shopping center run, car had a warning light neither of us had seen before

A quick little search showed it as emissions warning lamp. I told her to go straight to local dealer (under warranty)

Test came back as glow plug resistance on cyclinder 2 too high. Was removed and replaced. I have no idea if this is related to raspy sound issue. I have not test driven it yet to see if there has been a change.

Just posting here so I don’t forget it happened.

Bonus was they topped up the Ad Blue while it was in so I don’t have to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Foxpuppet; 07-06-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=Foxpuppet;1291229]Over the last few weeks I started to notice a strange sound from the engine/exhaust in our Passat Tdi Alltrack DSG.

When driving up hills in second or third at approximately 2180rpm there is an unusual raspy sound (vibration like) it doesn’t seem to happen in 1st gear or 4th and above. It also won’t do it in Neutral.

---

We have same raspy noise at approx same revs, ours is a 2017 Passat Alltrack 140TDI.

The noise only happens when accelerating under a bit of load (I'm not heavy on accelerator).

This noise then starts off another vibration somewhere in the dash. Very annoying. Fantastic car though...

Users Country Flag

[QUOTE=mpv;1319602]
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Over the last few weeks I started to notice a strange sound from the engine/exhaust in our Passat Tdi Alltrack DSG.

When driving up hills in second or third at approximately 2180rpm there is an unusual raspy sound (vibration like) it doesn’t seem to happen in 1st gear or 4th and above. It also won’t do it in Neutral.

---

We have same raspy noise at approx same revs, ours is a 2017 Passat Alltrack 140TDI.

The noise only happens when accelerating under a bit of load (I'm not heavy on accelerator).

This noise then starts off another vibration somewhere in the dash. Very annoying. Fantastic car though...

Dash rattle is often the clips holding the binnacle surround in. I fixed mine by getting some thin dacron and fitted it over the clips and pushed them back in Can also lay it around the area outside the instruments . Stopped mine from vibrating after hours of fiddling behind the dash looking for a reason Mine did it on coarse chip roads but not on smooth hotmix
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12