Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Query - 2017 Passat 206 TSI R - Tuning

Users Country Flag

Still waiting for LPFP to arrive. Made a few tweaks on VCDS...... see the results of the 0-60 using the P3
    Query - 2017 Passat 206 TSI R - Tuning-0-60-jpg

Hi All,
    I know this a Passat forum but I'm literally about to book a stage 1 APR for my Arteon...and read on here that the Passat software and ECU is not a golf R... my goal is more torque and the occasional traffic light battle Haha what's you're opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by nickbeh View Post
    Hi All,
    I know this a Passat forum but I'm literally about to book a stage 1 APR for my Arteon...and read on here that the Passat software and ECU is not a golf R... my goal is more torque and the occasional traffic light battle Haha what's you're opinions?
    I'd go with eTuners or Tarmac Engineerings Spectune. Both companies know how to tune for these vehicles in these conditions. I am sure APR have tuned a few but after Goublin's original turbo issues, I'd be more inclined to look at the others. Those issues might be completely unrelated (given it's only one case) but I'd personally steer away.

Stage 1 Tune should Yield 270kw & Around 500nm on the Arteon (normally around 480 on the pre 7R's (pre 7.5) and Passats). The 7SP has different torque limits and ratios so it can handle a bit more than the older 6SP unit.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Goublin View Post
    Still waiting for LPFP to arrive. Made a few tweaks on VCDS...... see the results of the 0-60 using the P3
    Query - 2017 Passat 206 TSI R - Tuning-0-60-jpg
    This was without Launch Control I am assuming. I'm getting low 4's and even a 3.9 0-100 with a Stage 1 (ish) tune
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

What are the best options for a modest catback? Just after a slightly fuller sound than stock, like a stock Golf R.

Milltek do good ones in golfs but can’t see them in passats.
    Last edited by Jimi; 09-06-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    What are the best options for a modest catback? Just after a slightly fuller sound than stock, like a stock Golf R.

Milltek do good ones in golfs but can’t see them in passats.
    There is a Supersprint option, but it looks overpriced by the time you get it into Australia.

I was thinking of removing the stock mufflers and removing all of the insulation and bypassing pipes. Then put it all pack together with a new T piece from the single exhaust. As I see that section is very restrictive.

But if I have the time is another thing.

Users Country Flag

Hi mate, just saw some interesting information here about the launch control that could be of interest. My car runs the Garrett Powermax Stage 1 turbo on E85 and has been custom tuned by Gallano in Sydney. I also did the throttle sensitivity mod and the increased traction mod via obd11. I am experiencing some issues with the launch control now where the car seems to not want to hold the revs and also there seems to be some some power cuts at about 5500 rpm momentarily similar to when traction breaks. Do you think this could be linked to the obd11 mods?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789