Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project pACC!

Users Country Flag

Project pACC!

Hi Everyone!

Hope y'all having a wonderful Sunday!

I'm starting this new thread as I'm considering the project pACC (Predictive Cruise Control). I've noticed posts in some other foreign forums where members have successfully activated pACC.

I did manage to contact some "experts" and they've agreed to help me out as well.

However, the challenge is that I needa VAS5054A cable and of course, need to replace the front radar, as they mention the current radar does not support pACC. After replacing the radar, they can activate pACC through remote desktop, the whole process taking 2-3 hrs.

Has any member taken such an approach? Anyone willing to join me?

regards,

Nitin

From my understanding, it also relies on map data... Australian Maps dont have as much data embedded in them unlike overseas, hence why Speed Sign recognition is hit & miss?
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag
    The predictive elements of the assist system seems to work well enough in my wife's A4 when on cruise control. Not sure that I would go to the trouble or expense of doing such an upgrade on my Passat though - 'normal' ACC does the job there. The A4 does not have speed sign recognition though, so does not change speed zones automatically - just slows for corners.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well, no technology is perfect enough. The TSR works well for me, though MRWA has placed traffic signs in such a way it confuses the system at times, e.g. there will be a speed sign on the freeway for 100 and a 70 for the exit. At times, both will be detected and TSR gives a speed warning.

I did have a discussions with a few people in Europe and they too have this issue. pACC sometimes does brake or give warnings. This is not unique to AU but globally. What they do is to use ACC if they feel pACC will be troublesome. The guys in Europe are also trying to see if they can use Google Maps or similar, instead of relying on VW maps; nothing concrete so far.

Need to purchase a VAS5054A and then explore how I can swap the front radar without damaging the mounting. The calibration can be down using software if the mounting is not damaged.

Will keep you posted as I progress (IF).

Users Country Flag
    the australian VW/Skoda map data is not even good enough for TSR to work in fusion mode - hence the chances of pACC working reliably here, as a result, would b piss poor.
    Audi uses different map data, hence why it can work for them.

also, it is my understanding u need SWaP codes to activate the pACC function.

nonetheless - good luck.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Hey Darkshadow!

How have you been?

Yes, I do need to swap the radar to the 3QF model and then have the component protection removed, along with SWaP/FEC codes and coding. I also need a VAS5054A interface.

There are a couple of gentlemen in Europe who have done for others and have agreed to assist me remotely.

Indeed, the maps part worry me a bit, still researching on that part before ordering the radar

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    the australian VW/Skoda map data is not even good enough for TSR to work in fusion mode - hence the chances of pACC working reliably here, as a result, would b piss poor.
    Audi uses different map data, hence why it can work for them.
    I need to correct you there, the map data for VW/Skoda is the same as used by Audi, it is just that each one uses slightly different information imbedded within the maps. In fact VW unique maps has additional information like the "no overtaking" warnings on my daily commute which Audi does not.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Hi Flipper Dog,

So are you saying the maps are fine? That would be a great relief and I can then place order for the new radar.

Current Update:

A new radar needs to be ordered.

However, before placing the order, need to be sure traffic recognition in fusion works, else pACC may only work partially.

I need to update the software for the A5 module (as told by the person assisting me) and then see if fusion works. If it then works, well and good.

However, updating the software requires the VAS5054A, which is en-route.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast