Thread: OSRAM LED sequential dynamic mirror indicators

Users Country Flag

OSRAM LED sequential dynamic mirror indicators

Thanks to @nermal for bringing this to my attention in the Arteon section of the forum! Sequential side indicators (vwwatercooled.com.au)

I thought I'd post my findings here in the Passat B8 section too.

There are many cheap options on aliexpress which may or may not be good quality for $20-30 delivered, but given that these are exposed to the elements and UV, I was happy to spend a bit extra and order the OSRAM version for $120 delivered via Amazon:

OSRAM LEDDMI 3G0 WT S LEDriving Dynamic LED Mirror Indicator - White Edition, Set of 2 : Amazon.com.au: Home

Installation took about half an hour thanks to nermal's tips. There are plenty of installation videos out there on youtube which I found useful.

re:blink - VW Passat B8 - Running / dynamic / floating mirror turn light indicator installation - YouTube

I also purchased some suction cups to make the job of removing the mirror glass even easier as per the above video:

2PCS Mini Dent Puller Car Bodywork Panel Suction Cup Repair Fix Removal Tool | eBay

The build quality of the OSRAM item is excellent - truly OEM quality or better. Perfect fitment, plug and play.

I never noticed how dim the original items were until I compared them back to back with the OSRAM replacements.

Below is a short video showing the difference in brightness and the dynamic scrolling effect (excuse the grotty car):

Passat B8 OSRAM dynamic LED indicators before and after - YouTube

And some photos:

OEM vs OSRAM

Original brightness:

OSRAM brightness:

OEM quality fitment:

Comparison (original on driver's side and OSRAM installed on passenger side) - you can see how the intensity of the OSRAM mirror LED is a very good match for the front headlight indicator sections, whilst the original mirror LED is significantly dimmer in comparison:

Users Country Flag

awesome