Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSRAM LED sequential dynamic mirror indicators

Users Country Flag

OSRAM LED sequential dynamic mirror indicators

Thanks to @nermal for bringing this to my attention in the Arteon section of the forum! Sequential side indicators (vwwatercooled.com.au)

I thought I'd post my findings here in the Passat B8 section too.

There are many cheap options on aliexpress which may or may not be good quality for $20-30 delivered, but given that these are exposed to the elements and UV, I was happy to spend a bit extra and order the OSRAM version for $120 delivered via Amazon:

OSRAM LEDDMI 3G0 WT S LEDriving Dynamic LED Mirror Indicator - White Edition, Set of 2 : Amazon.com.au: Home

Installation took about half an hour thanks to nermal's tips. There are plenty of installation videos out there on youtube which I found useful.

re:blink - VW Passat B8 - Running / dynamic / floating mirror turn light indicator installation - YouTube

I also purchased some suction cups to make the job of removing the mirror glass even easier as per the above video:

2PCS Mini Dent Puller Car Bodywork Panel Suction Cup Repair Fix Removal Tool | eBay

The build quality of the OSRAM item is excellent - truly OEM quality or better. Perfect fitment, plug and play.

I never noticed how dim the original items were until I compared them back to back with the OSRAM replacements.

Below is a short video showing the difference in brightness and the dynamic scrolling effect (excuse the grotty car):

Passat B8 OSRAM dynamic LED indicators before and after - YouTube

And some photos:

OEM vs OSRAM

Original brightness:

OSRAM brightness:

OEM quality fitment:

Comparison (original on driver's side and OSRAM installed on passenger side) - you can see how the intensity of the OSRAM mirror LED is a very good match for the front headlight indicator sections, whilst the original mirror LED is significantly dimmer in comparison:

Users Country Flag
    awesome

Users Country Flag
    Cheers for this, I saw them a few months back but lost interest as they were very expensive at the time. Which ones did you order from that Amazon link? Looks like we need the ones to suit:

VW Golf VIII (2020-)
    VW Passat B8 (2015 -)
    VW Arteon (2017 -)

Not seeing that on the link.
    MY18 Passat 206tsi R-Line | Harvard Blue | Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by green_comet View Post
    Cheers for this, I saw them a few months back but lost interest as they were very expensive at the time. Which ones did you order from that Amazon link? Looks like we need the ones to suit:

VW Golf VIII (2020-)
    VW Passat B8 (2015 -)
    VW Arteon (2017 -)

Not seeing that on the link.
    You are correct. Unfortunately it appears that the 3G0 model has now sold out on Amazon. I also posted the info on a Facebook Passat page and there was a bit of interest there. Bugger!!

Users Country Flag
    All good, I'll wait for some more stock. 👍

Users Country Flag
    They also sold out after I ordered my set. Then they came back in stock again a month or so later. Still took ~6 weeks to ship, so probably some weird just-in-time inventory issue that only allows them to sell one at a time or something...

I have seen them on ebay, but for $300+

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by green_comet View Post
    All good, I'll wait for some more stock. 
    just buy the aliexpress ones..its the same and cheaper

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    Darn, you're right... I really should have bought a Haval/Great Wall/Kia instead of Volkswagen - I could have saved a couple of bucks.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    Yeah, nah.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Yeah, nah.
    **comment removed**
    Last edited by Lorenz; 26-08-2022 at 05:21 PM. Reason: rude comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast