Thread: OEM Sound System 2018 Passat R Line

Users Country Flag

OEM Sound System 2018 Passat R Line

Does anyone know how many watts per channel the stock sound system in a Passat puts out?
    Also the brand and type of speakers?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    4 x 20WRMS from what I've read elsewhere.

The speakers are VW OEM made in the Czech Republic and are a split configuration, with midbass drivers in the lower doors and a tweeter up higher on the doors.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    OK, thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hulbyw View Post
    OK, thanks
    No problem!

I'm about to go down the path of adding a Kicker KEY 200.4 Class D DSP amp (4 x 50WRMS) to my standard head unit and speakers, along with sound deadening of the door panels etc. The KEY 200.4 includes a measurement mic and applies time alignment and EQ to improve sound quality, so it will be interesting to see what can be achieved with the standard head unit and speakers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    No problem!

I'm about to go down the path of adding a Kicker KEY 200.4 Class D DSP amp (4 x 50WRMS) to my standard head unit and speakers, along with sound deadening of the door panels etc. The KEY 200.4 includes a measurement mic and applies time alignment and EQ to improve sound quality, so it will be interesting to see what can be achieved with the standard head unit and speakers.

How would you tackle warranty with such installations or is your car out of warranty?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    How would you tackle warranty with such installations or is your car out of warranty?
    My car is out of warranty, so not an issue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    You'd get no warranty support on the components you replace, but the rest of warranty is largely untouched - if you're drawing more power than the wiring is rated for, that could get interesting, but in general, replacing one component (or set of components) does not invalidate warranty on the rest of the vehicle.
    Nothing to see here...

I'll be interested in how you go - I've just taken delivery of a MY2017 Alltrack which so far I'm loving, other than the speakers and amp being a step backwards from the Dynaudio I had in my 2011GTD :/ I think I'll need to do some sort of upgrade eventually to stay sane on long trips

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hughhalf View Post
    I'll be interested in how you go - I've just taken delivery of a MY2017 Alltrack which so far I'm loving, other than the speakers and amp being a step backwards from the Dynaudio I had in my 2011GTD :/ I think I'll need to do some sort of upgrade eventually to stay sane on long trips
    I haven't pulled my finger out as yet, so the poor amp is sitting neglected in the garage, along with the sound deadening. I need a free weekend!