Thread: No sound via CarPlay or bluetooth

No sound via CarPlay or bluetooth

One more question with the MY21 Alltrack Premium.
    Have a different one now (don't ask ) and my iPhone seems to connect fine but I can't get any sound!! Have tried CarPlay and bluetooth with the same result. Music and phone is the same - though on the phone people can hear me.

Guessing I'm missing something simple but buggered if I can work out what.

Users Country Flag
    Which model iPhone are you using?

Does it work with a cable?

You’ve checked the volume while connected, and checked the phone can play via an alternate Bluetooth device?

In our Alltrack the wireless CarPlay has an annoying clipping sound which starts after about 20/30 minutes of use, so it’s not great. It’s also a bit of a battery drain on the phone, so I need to keep the phone connected with a cable in any case, making the wireless option a bit pointless.
    Last edited by PDRx; 22-06-2021 at 10:50 PM.
    2018 Golf R (Ticks all the boxes, really, really well)
    2021 Passat Alltrack (not so) Premium
    2017 Tiguan R-Line (Sold, and missing it.)
    BNE Qld

Quote Originally Posted by PDRx View Post
    Which model iPhone are you using?

Does it work with a cable?

You’ve checked the volume while connected, and checked the phone can play via an alternate Bluetooth device?

In our Alltrack the wireless CarPlay has an annoying clipping sound which starts after about 20/30 minutes of use, so it’s not great. It’s also a bit of a battery drain on the phone, so I need to keep the phone connected with a cable in any case, making the wireless option a bit pointless.
    I've got an iPhone 8 which hasn't got the greatest battery life as it is, so thanks for the warning on that!! I'll have to get a cable and leave it in the car in case.
    Phone plays fine on alternative bluetooth devices and played fine on a different 2021 Alltrack this morning. I have set it up the same way as I did before and everything looks ok, just no noise (and volume went right up on both phone and car in case). I have just noticed I have quite a bit of car history in the phone bluetooth setup - 2x Alltracks plus this one and 2x Touaregs - so maybe the poor thing is getting confused!! I'll delete everything and try a cable connection in the morning - thanks for the idea.

I'm sorry you aren't liking your Alltrack. I had a 2013 and loved it and this is definitely a tech upgrade...when I get it all sorted!! I did look at a Wolfsburg Tiguan so really hope I don't regret my decision in a few months.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherRide View Post

I'm sorry you aren't liking your Alltrack. I had a 2013 and loved it and this is definitely a tech upgrade...when I get it all sorted!! I did look at a Wolfsburg Tiguan so really hope I don't regret my decision in a few months.
    You will I sold a Passat to get a Tiguan and havent regretted it in any way.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Let us know when you’ve cleared off all the old profiles on the vehicle and the phone. Currently it’s sounding like the car is the problem, so starting as fresh as possible would be good.
    BNE Qld

So I deleted 5 VW related bluetooth profiles and set my phone up again - worked first time!! I can only think that either my phone didn't enjoy so many profiles (excuse for another phone maybe?! ), or there was a glitch in the initial setup, or I have an intermittent PITA issue. I'm rooting for number 1!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You will I sold a Passat to get a Tiguan and havent regretted it in any way.
    Argh!! I'm liking the Passat Alltrack so far but I did have my last one for 7 years so am probably just used to it now, though it took a while after a couple of Touaregs. Two things stopped me from buying the Tig - it was too high for me to comfortably load the roof, and the rear seats were not deep enough and too moulded for the dog. I know what you are thinking...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HigherRide View Post
    Argh!! I'm liking the Passat Alltrack so far but I did have my last one for 7 years so am probably just used to it now, though it took a while after a couple of Touaregs. Two things stopped me from buying the Tig - it was too high for me to comfortably load the roof, and the rear seats were not deep enough and too moulded for the dog. I know what you are thinking...
    Glad to hear you have it sorted.

We’re two regular drivers carting about a fair amount of sporting gear for the family, and we got the Alltrack for the little bit of extra load space. It’s succeeding in this regard.

We were thinking we’d basically have the same driver comfort features like the personalised settings for the seats, side mirrors, air conditioning, active info display, driving assistance systems, driving profile, audio system and lights, per driver, like the Tiguan had, and I believe the previous Alltrack had. It’s however only got memory seats and memory for the ambient lights (disabled as it reflects in the front windows and blocks the visibility of the side mirrors at night), and doesn’t even store the preferences to the driver assistance systems. The memory per key system is a bit silly.

So the Alltrack has become my wife’s car, set up to her driving preferences. I don’t have the patience to get into it and reconfigure the car to my liking for shorter trips, stuffing her preferences up for her. I’ll only drive it on longer trips or for utilitarian reasons. I found the Tiguan was actually much easier to live with when you’ve become used to how easy and flexible it is.
    BNE Qld