Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No moblile tracking to find my car

Users Country Flag

No moblile tracking to find my car

Why is it that cars costing half as much can lead you to you car and tell you were you parked it and my VW cannot. Am i missing something?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Why is it that cars costing half as much can lead you to you car and tell you were you parked it and my VW cannot. Am i missing something?

Buy an Audi then.

No VW connected to the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by zzc2010 View Post
    Buy an Audi then.

No VW connected to the internet.

My wifees mazda 3 does it. Lol

Users Country Flag
    My wifees mazda 3 does it. Lol

Mazda is a better manufacturer then.

You phone could recall where you parked when the Bluetooth was disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by zzc2010 View Post
    Mazda is a better manufacturer then.

You phone could recall where you parked when the Bluetooth was disconnected.

There must be an app 4 that. A possible soloution thanks zxc2010. I shall investigate.

Users Country Flag
    There must be an app 4 that. A possible soloution thanks zxc2010. I shall investigate.

My iPhone does it without any apps.

Cheers

Every part of the VW CarNET system is installed in your car, bar the sim card. Even then, it can use a wireless access point.

I have a feeling that VW disabled it in Australia because at the time, it was a very premium feature and it was one of a few features that set the new A4 apart (all be it that they charged extra for the feature).

VW are very slow to react to technological changes in AU, I doubt we will see it as an update in any of our cars, despite having everything for it to work.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    Every part of the VW CarNET system is installed in your car, bar the sim card. Even then, it can use a wireless access point.

I have a feeling that VW disabled it in Australia because at the time, it was a very premium feature and it was one of a few features that set the new A4 apart (all be it that they charged extra for the feature).

VW are very slow to react to technological changes in AU, I doubt we will see it as an update in any of our cars, despite having everything for it to work.
    Sad

There is no facility to plug a SIM card into the car unlike other countries which get that as a standard feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    There is no facility to plug a SIM card into the car unlike other countries which get that as a standard feature.
    Yes, this is true, but MIB2 also has WLAN capabilities and can technically connect to the internet via a hotspot. I enabled all the various settings in VCDS to see if I could hack my way around it. It gets an IP and sends/receives data, I can even see it trying to talk to the vw car net service, but because our VIN's aren't in the database, the auth attempts get rejected.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast