Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat B8 review

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Albatraozz View Post
    Are you sure we miss out on these features? I thought at least Area View was included!
    I believe they are not available though I would love to be wrong. I can find no trace of them in any info from VAG, other than the announcement last year, and the dealers don't know of them either. Though that is not a clear indication really as they seem to not understand even what has been confirmed.

One example is a dealer proudly informing me that the CEB would only slow the car down by exactly 30 KPH. The example he used was that at 40 KPH it would apply the brake and then once it had reduced it to 10 it would stop breaking and allow the accident to take place but at a reduced 10 KPH! What a great system! Except fortunately that is not how it works. I know better and so that rubbish did not put me off but anyone else test driving the car who had not researched it might understandably think that it was not as good as systems offered by other car manufacturers.

Another dealer informed me that yes it did have Car Net and it was the two SD card slots in the glove box. I then informed them of what Car Net really was and they became quite enthusiastic about it till they remembered that we did not have it in Australia.

I find it ironic that they are selling the new Passat as "the thinking car" when in fact they have chosen to give it a partial lobotomy, only allow it to attend primary school and bared it even from high school never mind university.

Users Country Flag
    In the brochure on the VW Australia official website, it says the comfortline and highline get RVC plus with multi-angle views and dynamic guide lines. Is it the 360 area view with a different name?

Users Country Flag
    Of course, if you're not happy with what's on offer, you can head over to Merc or BMW. Just don't expect they'll give you all those goodies you're wanting out of the kindness of their heart. Expect another 30% higher cost optioned up over the Passat

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Elmura; 27-10-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Users Country Flag

This is what we get in Australia. As you can see from this picture, trailer assist is an available option, but I didn't find the option for 360 area view. Can any of you see any icon on the RVC screen indicates the 360 area view is available?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Passat B8 review-cd5641900342277480988-jpg  

Users Country Flag

Compare the picture with the above video, at 1:55, you can see we got exactly the same RVC system. Fortunately, we have 360 area view available on the new B8.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmura View Post
    Of course, if you're not happy with what's on offer, you can head over to Merc or BMW. Just don't expect they'll give you all those goodies you're wanting out of the kindness of their heart. Expect another 30% higher cost optioned up over the Passat

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    I don't expect anything out of kindness and am wiling and happy to pay for them. Issue i have is that VAG won't offer some of them i particularly wanted here even though they do elsewhere. As for the other manufacturers they have, as you indicate, a premium built in for the brand above and beyond the value of the goodies. I don't see the value in paying more merely to get a 3 pointed star when a VW has all that i want technology/performance wise. Having said that if i was rolling in cash i probably would get an AMG S or E class but as it is I'm not so will probably decide on the Passat as it will be a good family car just not as great as it could be.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by topsniper View Post
    This is what we get in Australia. As you can see from this picture, trailer assist is an available option, but I didn't find the option for 360 area view. Can any of you see any icon on the RVC screen indicates the 360 area view is available?
    Is that in a Highline or a Comfortline?

Users Country Flag
    It is a comfortline.

Check this out:

2015 Volkswagen Passat 132TSI Comfortline B8 Auto MY16

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by topsniper View Post
    In the brochure on the VW Australia official website, it says the comfortline and highline get RVC plus with multi-angle views and dynamic guide lines. Is it the 360 area view with a different name?
    Saw a Toyota Hybrid Camry with identical rear view camera and dynamic guide lines as per my B7
    Integrated with front/rear sensors.
    After all, VW camera comes from Japan!
    MY13 Passat 130TDI Sedan. Autumn Brown Metalic, Desert Beige seats. Sat nav, Rev camera, Dynaudio, 12way adj seats. No ACC Previous Golf 118 TSI with ACC given to my son

I am very much still of the opinion that a 'sport' orientated model such as a 206kw 4-motion Passat is coming at some stage & so is my local dealer. Makes no sense not to have one considering that every other model in the VW portfolio has a 'sport' model & every previous model of the Passat at least had a petrol 'performance' orientated model, AKA the V6. The introduction of the Bi-turbo diesel with 4-motion is likely & VAG may decide this will be the performance direction chosen for the B8 Passat but that then alienates all of us that have petrol Passats, well most of us anyway & I believe VAG wound't do that. This is the time with the current 'diesel gate' issue that various petrol Passats should be pushed & pushed hard. Maybe a limited edition Wolfsburg B8 Passat with Golf R engine & running gear may be offered... The combination of petrol & 4-motion was/is very popular as seen with the B6 R36, B7 Highline V6 & for arguments sake still is with Golf R.

Just a matter of time I expect fella's & as I mentioned last month in another thread it may be we will see something revealed for AUS market at the same time the Alltrack Passat is released 2nd-3rd quarter 2016. Always hopeful cos that B8 Passat with Golf R engine & drivetrain would be awesome.... Lucky kiwi's.....!

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I saw a base model wagon the other day and it looked like.... a wagon. Styling wise the sedan looks a lot cleaner and I also like the R-line kit.

However it looks more purposeful than what is under the bonnet now. Shame there's no proper sports model in the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 00100100 View Post
    To me the B7 lost the sporty look that the B6 had. Now the B8 looks smarter and lightly meaner/sportier. I really like the shape improvement.

This time VAG is definitely trying to target a different market. I dont think the 4 motion option did very well for them in the B7. I drive a 3.6 B7 Highline, great car, but most people wouldnt care about the 4 motion, they will however care that it is an R-Line. Personally, 4 motion was a selling point for me.
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast