Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: New Passat B8 review

Nice review!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Nice review!!
    Cheers!

I've actually just seen that Frank has posted a video of it after the paint protection: Vid: VW Passat R - Definitive Sydney 4 Layers Gloss Enhancement Paint Protection

Still need to figure out how to upload pics

Quote Originally Posted by Jubas View Post
    • I have detailed trip data, but can’t seem to see Range anywhere? Perhaps a setting I’ve missed. I’ve checked the ‘fuel consumption’ screen on the digital dash to no avail
    Easiest way I've found is;

In the digital dash menu scroll left/right and select 'View', then up/down to 'Consumption and Range'. The range should appear on the right, in the centre of the speedometer.

1 month into ownership for me and although I haven't taken it for an extended run, am loving every drive.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AzzaC View Post
    Easiest way I've found is;

In the digital dash menu scroll left/right and select 'View', then up/down to 'Consumption and Range'. The range should appear on the right, in the centre of the speedometer.

1 month into ownership for me and although I haven't taken it for an extended run, am loving every drive.
    Ah yes, I see that's a good way to do it, although I must admit I much prefer the view with the current gear (left) and speed (right). It just seems clearer compared to the consumption/range view which is very congested with information. I was kind of hoping for a number that could sit next to the odo/trip number.

I've also been making use of the driver assist view in the middle of the screen, but am having difficulty determining what the white lines actually mean - sometimes they are bright, sometimes dark. I *think* they go bright as I start to veer towards them (before the adaptive system shifts me back), but it's not 100% clear

Quote Originally Posted by Jubas View Post
    Ah yes, I see that's a good way to do it, although I must admit I much prefer the view with the current gear (left) and speed (right). It just seems clearer compared to the consumption/range view which is very congested with information. I was kind of hoping for a number that could sit next to the odo/trip number.

I've also been making use of the driver assist view in the middle of the screen, but am having difficulty determining what the white lines actually mean - sometimes they are bright, sometimes dark. I *think* they go bright as I start to veer towards them (before the adaptive system shifts me back), but it's not 100% clear
    Yes, the line highlight is indicating that it’s interacting and influencing your steering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Nice review Jubas. Like you few months ago I got my Passat my18 132 tsi comfortline with luxury and R line package.
    Your points are spot on. I found to be not a fan of few things already mentioned in your post.
    Stop-Start feature , at times activates before I made a full stop! I just turn that off soon as I sit in the car. Didnt like that feature with my previous mazda 6 either.
    Drive mode, unless is set to Normal mode every time car is started have to chose sport or eco to drive in that mode. Not sure if that can be altered some how.
    Eco mode is just to boring anyway ....
    I just drive in normal and use the stick to change to sport mode when needed.
    When purchased the car got hat paint protection put on as well.
    Another thing to consider when insuring the car is to get accidental windscreen added on to your insurance.
    After having the passat for 3 weeks truck flicked the stone and hit the passenger side of my windscreen.
    O'Brians manged to fix that but they told me the cost to replace windscreen on passat is over $2000 as the camera system is attached to it!
    So just something to think about.
    Wonder if is possible to add speed cameras to navigation system? Anyone tried ?

Last edited by P_132TSI_Rline; 28-10-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Does the Passat (with R-line package) come with Dynaudio sound system? Cant see in the datasheet

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    Does the Passat (with R-line package) come with Dynaudio sound system? Cant see in the datasheet
    No it doesn’t
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the update. Which audio system does it come with? I thought I saw a centre speaker above the clock and one of the YouTube videos did mention surround sound.

How is the Passat Audio compared to Dynaudio? Is there a huge difference?

I'm asking because I've got a golf mk7.5 with Dynaudio but considering to upgrade to Passat comfortline 2019 with R-line pack.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    Thanks for the update. Which audio system does it come with? I thought I saw a centre speaker above the clock and one of the YouTube videos did mention surround sound.

How is the Passat Audio compared to Dynaudio? Is there a huge difference?

I'm asking because I've got a golf mk7.5 with Dynaudio but considering to upgrade to Passat comfortline 2019 with R-line pack.
    The centre channel is empty, just look through the windscreen and you'll see there's nothing in there.
    Factory system is crap, once you take a speaker out you'll see why. They're probably a $5 special. I'm just going through the process of upgrading my system. I dont get my amps in till next week but LOTS of good sound deadening and Focals just running off the head unit is a big improvement already. I only have the tweeter & mid-bass wired in so far, mid-range will get connected when everything else is. Once they have some decent power behind them they'll really sing.

Three way components in a Passat B8
    MY18 Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - White
    2005 E46 M3 - LeMans Blue

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast