Thread: New Passat Alltrack 2021 - User Profiles not supported?

Users Country Flag

New Passat Alltrack 2021 - User Profiles not supported?

Hi,

We picked up our new Passat Alltrack Premium MY21 today.

It’s got no support for User Profiles. Does the older models have this?

The user manual suggest yes, but the menu options are missing.

It’s probably one of the most important comfort features we used on our Tiguan, now traded in for the Passat. My wife and myself have very different driving positions and preferences, which is why this is a pretty big deal in the household.

Thanks!
    2018 Golf R (Ticks all the boxes, really, really well)
    2021 Passat Alltrack (not so) Premium
    2017 Tiguan R-Line (Sold, and missing it.)
    BNE Qld

Users Country Flag
    Seriously... that is "probably the most important comfort features".

Anyway, both my cars have it and I believe the new models have dropped this feature...

I am sure you could do a "work around", memory seat positions, individual setting for Driving Mode etc.
    Certain it is not the end of the world!

What colour did you get?

Interesting choice for the Alltrack to use the 162TSI and the Scout the 200TSI.

I am sure you will be happy with it!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the information.

We got the Manganese Grey.

The gearbox definitely feels a bit better than the Tiguans.

If the User Profile feature was removed, it’d be a local thing as the user manual suggest User Profile functionality similar to the Tiguan, as well as new cloud-based User Profile management with extended features. I didn’t see anything which suggests it is removed completely for some regions, as seems to be the case.
    Last edited by PDRx; 31-05-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    2018 Golf R (Ticks all the boxes, really, really well)
    2021 Passat Alltrack (not so) Premium
    2017 Tiguan R-Line (Sold, and missing it.)
    BNE Qld

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I got confirmation from VW that the personalisation features were dropped for the MY21 in favour of faster charging USB-C and wireless connection to CarPlay and Android Auto. I’d guess that’s across the Passat range, and not specific to the Alltrack.

In the three days this car has been with us it has managed to irritate the crap out of me due to the gap between what we expected based on previous product experience and the available literature, and what we actually got.

Ironically I’d gladly swap back to the “old tech”, as wireless CarPlay irritated us from day one by randomly selecting a phone to connect to, and I could not care less about the charging speed of a mobile phone in a vehicle, as long as it maintains the phone while in use.

They seem to miss the point that to some folks usability is more important than buzzwords and the correct paint colour options.